This hotel is very well located for everything you wish to see in this beautiful capital city. Everything is within walking distance therefore there is no added expense with taxis.
The centre is lovely with the river flowing through the heart of the city and cafes, bars and restaurants lined up either side of this river. The square is full of shops with the added surprise of Lacoste and Armani stores.
I stayed here on B&B and the breakfast was very good and kept you full until lunchtime.
Slovenia is a very cheap place to eat and drink. We paid around £1.50 for a pint of lager and around £7 for a large chicken meal in a restaurant. There is a McDonalds there with prices similar to the UK.
I would thoroughly recommend the City Hotel and thoroughly recommend Slovenia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel