Stayed here for three nights. Location is very good, just a short walk from Prešeren Square and the train/bus station. The bed was extremely comfortable - which made up for the fact that the room was quite small. This was not a problem for us - but people should be aware that based on looking at the plan of the hotel on the "in case of fire" information there are many rooms which are really extremely small. Breakfast was generally excellent, and the free WiFi was relatively fast and reliable. The service was also good - the staff were quite accommodating regarding breakfast in bed on the unfortunate occasion that my girlfriend contracted food poisoning (not from the hotel!!). The hotel was generally quite busy and is really suited as a business option, but the atmosphere was not chaotic and was just fine for a couple on holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel