We stayed in the City Hotel for more than 3 weeks, as my father was in a nearby hospital. My parents were visiting from Australia. We absolutely loved our stay at the hotel, and here's why:
- staff: so friendly! Couldn't do enough for my mother and I, and always acknowledged/played with my little boy (18mths old). Slovenians are so good with children!
- food: the breakfast buffet was spectacular! To give an example, they have cereal, then they have cashews and pumpkin seeds to put with it. It is these little extras that you just don't expect. And mouth-watering sweets! I loved breakfast time. The dinner was fantastic too. We loved eating at the hotel.
- room: we had a superior room - big enough for us, simple, clean and very quiet. The cleaner was super friendly.
- location: absolutely perfect! Right in the city, close to a kids play centre (Mala Ulica) and close to the river with all the great restaurants.
We also had massages organised by the hotel at the nearby Thai massage centre. Brilliant!
So, overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It's perfect and affordable, with great staff. Look out for Franci. Kids LOVE him!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel