“Good hostel, but poor customer service.”
Review of Sax Hostel

Sax Hostel
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good hostel, but poor customer service.”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

All in all it's a brilliant hostel. Room we stayed at was small, BUT very clean, the linen smelt lovely, I felt as if I was sleeping in my bed! The bathrooms were clean and everything was supplied.
HOWEVER, we have booked a stay for two nights in a double bed room. On our arrival we have been told, that there was an over booking (even though we have booked ages ago, and they had plenty of time to contact us), and they offered for the next night to stay in a bunk bed room, for the same price!! Which we thought was really unfair, and since the people were coming after us to the same room, we felt that we should have been offered to stay in the room throughout our stay and not asked to move to another room. In any case, things like that have to be said before people come and stay with some expectations. If they would have emailed us, we wouldn't have stayed in the hostel and it is quite cheeky of them to not notify their customers. And the fact was we had to move to another hostel, which was really awful, and we didn't have much choice since we had to book for next night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CandellaCandelita

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The pub downstairs is closed when I was there, because the people were on vacation. No common room. No kitchen. Given the size of Ljubljana, really far away from the train station. Not many customers in the winter. Only 2 person in an 8 person dorm. Facilities are clean. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sax hostel with friends in December. The rooms were really nice and the staff were very friendly. There was no communal or kitchen areas- which was no problem for us as we were out most of the time.
The rooms and bathroom were clean and the beds comfortable.
The location was also really easy, very close to the main part of town- which is handy if your traveling in winter!
The only disappointing part for us was that the sax bar didn't have anyone playing the three nights we were there, so make sure you stay close to the weekend!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jemma N
Reviewed 24 November 2012

If you just want a bed and a shower then this is for you. No kitchen, no communal areas. Positive = clean, helpful & friendly and 1 x computer downstairs, walking distance to main town area. Negative = no opportunity to mingle, sink is too small to wash face / for hand wash only, sometimes queue for toilet and shower room.
Tip - email the reception of your estimated arrival time and they will advise where to check in (downstairs in the jazz club or rear hostel reception).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
canada
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Very nice hostel run by nice helpful people. Very cool jazz theme with its own jazz bar next door. About 20-30 min straightforward walk from train/bus stn thru the scenic centre. Its a pretty city and so a nice walk along the canal to it. The only thing I missed there was a kitchen but the centre is close with lots of cafes, markets, etc and theres a bakery very close. Clean bathrooms with up to date fixtures etc and good hot water. Fast wifi where ever I was in the hostel. Locker in room I could put my pack in (just barely) and they supplied a lock. If I'm ever back in Ljub Ill be there!

• Stayed November 2012
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stumbled on this hostel accidentally but I'm really happy I chose it! Not only the jazz theme is magnificent but also it has a nice pub at the ground floor which is also very cute. The place was really clean and cozy.

The highlight though is the staff which are amazingly helpful. It would be impossible to describe how assissting they were. I can't stress enough how happy I was with their eagerness to help in any way imaginable.

I highly recommend this place with no hesitation whatsoever!

The neighbourhood (Trnovo) is also very nice very close to the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Bombay
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at hostel sax , Ljubljana, slovenia during my trip to Europe in August 2012. I hostel is wonderful, staff is very kind and helpful. When I landed at airport , I missed my bus to the town but the hostel staff guided me to take a cab and provided me required directions. The surrending area of this hostel is called eprova it's old Ljubljana and wonderful place to hang out, if you are lucky you will find live party at this place. Rooms are clean and neat, owners are very kind and listens to your needs. It's really a good place to stay if our are going to Ljubljana. Hire a cycle from hostel and you can discover the ci, Ljubljana castle is very near by. I had a great time during my stay there , I would definitely stay at hostel sax during my next visit.

Swap

Room Tip: Well my view is all rooms are nice and cosy.