Adora Hotel
US$143
US$190
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold townchurch bellssmall hotelgreat locationcooked eggsattic roomlovely little hotelroom was a bit smalltea and coffeethe rivernice showerrestaurant recommendationspark the carspecial thankswould highly recommend this hotelwithin easy walking distancebars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Fairly basic but with a great location and very helpful staff - organised our shuttle to the airport, gave good advise on things to do. Decent breakfast with fresh eggs. We had the a room on the top floor - big and comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here with my best friend in one of the twin rooms. The room was clean and well presented and the bathroom was a great size with a very nice shower. Reception was 24hr so someone was always around if we needed any assistance. I was surprised with the amount of staff they had for such a small hotel but everyone was very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was perfect, giving a variety of options and the staff always asked if we wanted any eggs to be freshly cooked for us. The location was ideal and only took 5 minutes to walk to all the shops, cafes & restaurants and the place itself was beautiful. I can honestly only think of one tiny fault in the hotel which was the lack of hairdryer in the bedroom! To which my friend quickly dismissed and said I was being ridiculous.. Although, I will add that I didn't ask reception... so if you go I might be wrong on my one tiny fault with this hotel. One of the best. If I go back I will return to this little gem.

Room Tip: Don't be shy about asking reception/staff any questions. They are more than happy to help!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The receptionist was wonderful taking time with us and going over things to do in the city while providing tea/coffee as we came. This place was lovely and suited all of our needs. This place also has bicycles which we did not use due to rain but a lovely way to get around the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SMWjourney
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was staying at the hotel for several days with my family and friends, preparing for my wedding. The hotel staff are the nicest and friendliest people! They organized everything that we felt like home! They helped us find everything we needed in the city, they let me use their computer when I needed to send some documents urgently, and they even arranged my aunt a kettle in the room, when they learned she has got cold (so that she could boil water). The rooms are clean and nice, though located right next to the church and steps away from the center - the location is quiet and peaceful. The food there is also very nice, and you can have a small snack or a cup of tea any time you like.
Отличный отель - замечательные сотрудники, которые организовали всё, чтобы мы чувствовали себя как дома: рассказали, что где в городе, организовали недорогое такси до местного шоппинг-центра,где мы закупались для моей свадьбы, помогали во всём и предлагали в любое время чай и фрукты в лобби, при этом бесплатно. Отличное расположение - в центре и при этом тихо и спокойно. Обстановка в комнатах уютом напомнила бабушкину квартиру:) - высокие окна, деревянный шкаф... при этом всё очень чисто и современно. Рекомендую!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aprill21
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked this hotel for a one-night stay as part of a grand tour with my wife, our adult daughter and our two dogs. I made the booking directly with the hotel. I was happy with the price and expected to be happy with the room. Unfortunately the latter was not the case. No problem, the receptionist changed the room to something more suitable in a heartbeat.

The issue mentioned by others regarding the lack of vehicular access to the hotel is not significant. You simply notify reception when you arrive and they will come down to lower the barriers to let you in to unload your vehicle and then again to let you out. The hotel has a reserved parking space not too far away for which they charge Euro10 per night. It is not secure, but, on the other hand one gets the feeling that Ljubljana is not a city that has a high incidence of crime.

Our room was very comfortable and had some very nice, aesthetically pleasing design features. However, it is a fact to which other reviewers have alluded that whoever designed the hotel has packed a lot into a small space and some features can seem cramped. For us the quality of what had been done compensated for its downfalls.

The location is to die for. Right in the centre of the old city with historic sites, delightful architecture and restaurants in abundance.

Others have mentioned the breakfast. Simply delicious with freshly made eggs and excellent coffee to accompany the other quality ingredients on offer.

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and the Adora will be seeing us again, with or without dogs and daughter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family