“Avoid if you can”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Avoid if you can”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I went there for Sunday lunch after being there on the previous visit to Ljubljana. Not sure what happenede to this once good place. I ordered tuna tartare to start with. The food arrived 20mins later and I did not even have to taste it, the smell of not fresh fish was so strong it made me almost sick. The colour of tartare was .... Brownish. I sent the food back, the waitress did not say anything just took the plate away.I waited and waited..... She brought "fresh" tartare about half an hour later sayibg that the previous one was "made in the morning". Sorru to say I received the same smelly tuna dressed in olives. Sent it back. For the main course I ordered grilled trout. The fish was covered in oil with softish fatty skin. Roast Potatoes that came with the fish were at least week old. Disgusting. I was not charged for tuna. Service is exceptionally ignorant. Shame, I ate there last year and had very good memories. A warning should be that when you enter the restaurant through their fishshop, smell is just not right. Avoid avoid avoid

1 Thank aandrzejczak

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hong Kong
“If you like seafood, this is the place!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We came across the restaurant when we walked downhill from the Grad. We were attracted by the fish logo outside the restaurant. As we are seafood lovers, we walked in. As we didn't make any reservation, we had to wait for our table. We found a display of various seafood in a big glass fridge at the entrance . It looked so tempting! After a while, we were given a table. It isn't a big or grand restaurant, but brightly lit and cosy. With the help of a friendly waiter, we ordered octopus salad,fish soup , seafood plate in tomato sauce and prawn pasta.There were lots of shellfish, prawns, crabs,scallops...the tomato sauce was perfect for bread and pasta.All food was in big portions. We were even given some Slovenian desserts to finish off this wonderful seafood meal. We were full and were happy with the service. It's centrally located, just opposite the farmers' market. Price was reasonable, you won't regret eating there!

• Visited March 2013
Bristol
“Good fish at good prices”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The restaurant has its own fishmonger and you can tell by the quality and freshness of the fish. We had a mixed seafood starter for two - take the waitress' advice and have it in the traditional sauce. I had the sole and he the John Dory. Both were large portions of very fresh fish well cooked. you are not going to get much better grilled fish than this - nothing fancy but good ingredients well prepared. The veg selection wasn't that great though that the reason the rating is very good rather than excellent. Go early - it gets full fast.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fish food”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

If you like fish its the best in town. Nice simple decor average prices good wine also. Friendly staff and good service

2 Thank foodstuf
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A lot of room for improvement”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I like the concept of this place - enetering the restaurant through the fish vendor. You will literally see the guy bringing the fish you ordered to the cook. However, I need to warn you: take time. Take lots of time. Sit down. Appreciate the fine interior decorating (they really did a good job). See if you can attract the attention of a waiter (tehy all look really busy). Study the menu. Look for a waiter again - this time make sure you're conspicuous. Maybe it will work. Once you get the food - after half an hour or so - it will be lovely: fresh and delicious. They have nice wine. Order the bill. Wait again for 15 minutes or so. Leave full but aggravated.

• Visited April 2013