“Amazing value, friendly and generous”
Review of Hotel Meksiko

Hotel Meksiko
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We arrived here pretty late at night after a 5 hour train journey from Pula, Croatia. The walk from the train station was easy and on two main roads so we felt safe. The receptionist was very friendly and had us checked in very quickly. When we arrived at our room we were pleasantly surprised that we must have been upgraded. The room was HUGE and had two bedroom spaces so gave my two friends and I our own space. The bathroom was beautiful and very well laid out for three friends trying to get ready at the same time in the morning. The beds were comfortable but the air conditioning was strange and wouldn't let us cool the room down more so it was pretty hot during the night. The breakfast was ok, the hot food needs to be monitored more often though, the second day there was no egg left and it wasn't replaced. Otherwise, a great hotel within 10 minutes walk to the centre of the old town. Would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice place (even if close to an hospital, we didn't hear anything during the night), clean room with good equipment, good breakfast, caring hotel staff at the reception and a close to Ljubljana center, which is a great destination

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel is conveniently located a 15-minute walk from the rail/bus station and about a 10-minute walk from the historical city centre. Although located adjacent to a hospital, the hotel is very quiet, and i had no problems at all sleeping at night. There is a restaurant next door that not only serves the breakfast but also serves lunch and dinner if you're not in the mood to travel for food. Likewise, there is a grocery store half a block away for getting necessities like bottled water and fruit. The rooms are clean and comfortable. But the best part is a staff of people who really go out of there way to help you in every way possible. I really felt in good hands in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel itself is excellent.
Parking is a bit complicated: you can leave your car in a public parking house, it about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. You have to be careful and take everything you need with you, because you will not want go back to the car again. The cost: 12 EUR for 24 hours.
I also found the breakfast a bit strange: for breakfast you should use the café Pavon next to the hotel. The variety of food is little, and the quality is not the best.
But the hotel itself is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked this hotel in Ljubljana based on it being really good value on booking.com, and we were so happy we did. It is very conveniently located for both the old centre of town (about 10 mins walk) and the bus station (10-15 mins away, which we were able to walk with a suitcase easily). The staff were extremely helpful from the word go, and the room was very clean, well-designed, large and comfortable. Breakfast is served in the adjoining cafe and there was plenty to enjoy (you can also go there for food/drinks throughout the day). We would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My seven day stay at the Meksiko Hotel in Ljubljana, Slovenia was a wonderful one, from the day I arrived , I was received with a smile and was also taken care of by the reception staff with efficiency, patience and a smile. My modernly designed room was to my liking and was daily kept clean. The location fitted my needs, walking distance (10 -20 Minutes) to the Main Bus & Train stations, to the river and other attractions I visited. I highly recommend the Meksiko Hotel and I am certainly returning to Ljubljana & the Meksiko Hotel with my friends. Special thanks to Mz Špela.

Joe Abraham

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Good sized rooms, very clean throughout and helpful staff are some of the best features of this hotel. It is not situated in one of the most picturesque parts of the city but the setting is very peaceful. I really liked the breakfast room which is also a popular bar/coffee shop and restaurant for the people who work nearby such as at the hospital. As a visitor I immediately felt more part of business life than I would in a typical hotel. The walk into the centre of town is only about 10 minutes but i needed to do it so many times that it might have been easier for me to be closer. If I was going back as a tourist I would probably choose a hotel right in the city centre and pay a bit extra.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business