All reviewsfew minutes drivehotel is locatedspent two nightscity centrevery nice hotelbusiness tripquiet locationexcellent breakfastspacious roomvisiting ljubljanaair conditioningtaximotorwaycomfortconvinientalpstoilet
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed here on our way to Croatia and came back for another night on our way back as we liked it so much. The hotel is extremely modern, comfortable and has all amenities you can think of - definitely one of the best city hotels we have stayed at. Personal service, excellent breakfast with good coffee and freshly made eggs. Also: hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The staff very friendly with all customers, regardless of their type and their origin, this hotel makes you feel at home in an environment that actually are not used. Modernism architecture of this hotel not make you feel uncomfortable, but rather heats up soul and makes you feel rested in the morning, even after a journey of 1000 km made a day ago.
Thanks to the owner of this hotel and do not hesitate to stop for a moment of pampering and well-deserved rest!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This small hotel just outside central Ljubljana was a real find. It was one night of spoiling myself on a long trip, and it was magnificent. The interior design of the rooms has left nothing to chance. Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of everything in this unique hotel. The owners are a 200 year-old family business that also owns the Culinary House restaurant next door. There is also a conference centre but I didn't venture there. A real surprise beneath the hotel is the G Super Club -- something I'd never seen before. Imagine dining in a reclining position on white leather bed/lounges in the style of ancient Roman with delightful food served on communal metal trays. Somehow the experience had me talking at ease with complete strangers around me. It was a really interesting evening. The location is good if you want to be away from central city noise and bustle.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be excellent. It is away from traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

From the outside it looks very ugly and boring but from the inside it is simply Amazing! Never judge a book by its cover! This average and unremarkabe brown Hotel from the outside suddenly becomes the Coolest place in Slovenia once inside! My first impressions didn't prepare me for the style and quality of its interior! I wasn't staying here as a guest but we were here for a business reunion between North American and European partners! We could have been in Paris, London, Amsterdam or Barcelona - the atmospher, style, quality and service is the best of any European Capital. The food was adventurous and very well presented. The "white room" Ibiza style lounge is the Hotel's hidden secret - if you want to impress business prospectives or just have a massive New York "Kiki" - GD hotel has definately got it going on! I am unfortunately staying at another hotel but next time I am in Slovenia I will book top floor GD hotel.

Room Tip: Go top floor!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nezzlapezz
GDesignHotel, Guest Relations Manager at G Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

We thank you for your review of our hotel!

We are glad you enjoyed your time in G Design Hotel and hope to be able to welcome you as our guest soon, so we can show you that there are even more things to love about this hotel!

G Design Hotel Team

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We were there for the opening and loved it so much we decided to stay the night.
The night club where you have dinner on white, leather beds, with twinlky lights through the room, great music, a cool DJ and fantastic food.

But what is amazing are the rooms and the staff! The rooms are the best value for money ever, as the are pristinely cleaned, you can just watch the details all night long. Though i admit we went to sleep in seconds, and didn't hear a thing, eventhough the hotel is next to the highway. We actually almost missed breakfast. Glad we didn't, they had home made yogurts, polenta with prosciutto,fresh breads etc....

basically if you plan on visiting Ljubljana, definitly stay here. I am from Ljubljana, but will try and stay here again! Just to pamper me and the boyfriend a bit :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple