“Breakfast not included!!!”

Ranked #33 of 56 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Calgary
“Breakfast not included!!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

So I'm struggling with this review. I don't want to say anything bad about this place. The location is a 40 mins walk to the city centre most of which is through a nice park. Taxi is about 5 mins (5€). The staff are nice and the room was superb.

I was surprised however to learn after I left that I got an email explaining that I was going to be charged with two breakfasts (which is how many I ate there).

After inquiring as to wtf that was about I was told that having the breakfast included was a separate price not included in the bookings.com / trip advisor booking...um..

Now if I miraculously missed this than my bad. I looked at my bookings and did not see this indicated as "separate" and the no meal option which I did note typically means lunch and dinner not breakfast at a bed and BREAKFAST. This should not be listed under trip advisor bed and breakfasts though for sure. If breakfast is not included then it is no different than a hotel with a restaurant. In which case. I would have to recommend finding other accommodations.

Other options which I did explore closer to town included breakfast for the same price for a private room.

Again I'm conflicted about this review. At no point did the restaurant staff tell me how "much" breakfast was, nor did they tell me to pay after my meal, or ask me what room I was in or gave me any indication that breakfast was not included.

Unfortunately for this reviewer, a surprise email stating I owed money after I paid and checked out that I did not think I owed at all and had no indication of this does not constitue good practice, unfortunately for them it's the first average review.

Had this not happened I would have been glad to give it a stunning review. Nice staff, flexible and accommodating, clean, all great if you can handle the distance from the centre (note: there are no trams in this city and the buses do not take cash only tickets which are simply not tourist friendly).

So we might all be to blame here, me, them and trip advisor. If you book at this B & B however, be prepared to pay for your B.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Funkyjive5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The rooms are large and nice. There is free internet. There is also a restaurant with typical Slovenian food. The price is acceptable. The hotel is clean and not far from the city center (5-10 mins by taxi). The surrounding streets are pretty quit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank valdothebird
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have been there for two times and it was just excellent, the food was excellent, the real slovenian international food, very delicious,the people are very kind, the rooms are beautiful, it is very near the city center just 15 minutes walk

• Stayed January 2013