“Don't”

Cupiterija Hijo de Puta
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Čupiterija Hijo de Puta is 100% original,made in nice funky spanish Gaudi insiration style.Serve breakfast till 12.00, lunch till 22:00. In lieu of menus, daily lunch specials are scrawled (in both English and Slovene) across a giant blackboard out front, and often include several pasta, steak and salad selections along with a couple random choices like Chupiterija chicken or Frog"s Legs with polenta.
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Decoration was nice so we walked in but please you dont. Tableclothes had food stains, forks and dishes were not clean enough. Very nice indian waiter but very bad food. We ordered tortellini and steak. Both were extremely bad.had one bite from each dish and asked for the check.still had to pay full price which shall not be considered good customer treatment. Dont go ever.

4  Thank Expose1

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I came to Ljubljana two weeks before I came across Hijo De Puta. Out of all the places I've been in Ljubljana and other places in Europe this is BY FAR THE BEST experience I've ever had. I can't remember having this much fun in a single place! The energy, products and tremendous service really provided one of the best times I've ever had! And the value even compared to most places in Europe really made it even better!

I highly recommend this to anyone seeking a great time in Ljubljana!

1  Thank Oliver19901234
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were a group of 6 and ate both dinner and breakfast here.
We had a great time during dinner enjoying fantastic meals and plenty of Lasko's.
I guess we were there for about 4 hours.
We returned the next morning for breakfast and again the service was fantastic.
They made us all laugh with a very interested coffee cream dispenser.
Again the food was great. They were very accomodating in making what we wanted reather then what was on the menu.
Now the reason as to why I owe an apology to the waiters in Cupierija and everywhere else we ate in Slovenia.

I was in the understanding that tipping was not something that happened in Slovenia, like Australia, so we didn't tip. We it felt wierd to not tip such great service so we looked into it further and we were wrong.

So for this I apologize has the service in Cupiterija and all over Slovenia was fantastic.

1  Thank ERDFirefighter
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I had a fun lunch here. We thought it was a little expensive, but after seeing how large the portions are it seems fair, and we wished we would've just shared one plate. My husband got an excellent fried sausage with potato salad, but the real winner was the goulash that we shared. It came in a huge bowl with polenta and tender meat - it was so big we couldn't finish it, and we left half his potato salad.

The atmosphere was laid back with funky decorations and the staff were friendly. My only complaint (and surprise) was that they didn't accept credit cards.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went to Cupiterija with friends and we had chicken in bread with local beer, very tasty and particular. We end the evening with different chupitos, must try!The staff was very nice.

1  Thank Borut L