“Central Hostel for short term visits.”
Review of Hostel Tresor

Hostel Tresor
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

A great place I you prefer to be very very central in Ljubljana.

The style is nice but it lacks some basic things, the air conditioner has a nice electric control but doesn't cool down the place at all. The beds are simply terrible, I suppose they have better beds in prisons. The shower doesn't have any temperature controller for the water (or I couldn't find them) and you have to check first the water temperature before getting undressed.

Never the less it was a very clean place which I can recommend for short term stays in central Ljubljana. We stayed there three nights and I Couldn't sustain any more the most squeakiest beds in the world.

Have a nice trip, Ljubljana is worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
HostelTresor, Manager at Hostel Tresor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Hey,

thank you so much for your feedback, we always like to hear your part of the story so that we can improve. :)

As for showers goes, you can regulate the temperature and also the lenght of the shower, we are trying to be (eco) friendly as much as posiblle so the basics for the lenght are automized, but you can make it longer.

And beds? They are designed specially for our hostel to give extra comfort and stability, as it looks like some have errors and we are changing those, so it will be helpfull if you let me know which one is yours, to check it out.

Thank you for your stay and hope to see you again one day soon.

Kind regards,

Mateja
Hostel Tresor

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I usually prefer small bedrooms for 4 - 6 people to dorms that sleep 10 or more, but this one was surprisingly cozy. Each bunk bed in the dorm has a thick curtain around it which creates a sort of a small place. There's a lamp above each bed, so if you're not in a social mood, you simply pull the curtains and read a book in your bed. Our dorm faced the inner court, so there was no view whatsoever, but it was quiet.
The bathrooms were clean, although the showers were rather small. The breakfast was nothing exceptional, however, very good for the fact that it is included in the price of the night.
The location is excellent: literally a few steps from the central square of the city and some 15 minutes away from the main railway station.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PetitRaton
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Hostel generally was clean modern and spacious although in our room itself (a double) there was nowhere like drawers table etc to store things. Blinds in room needed replacing according to our resident blinds expert (girlfriend)... I agree with the comment about the inane music pumping out until all hours. Breakfast was good generally but need more choice. Hostel was very central, literally 30 seconds walk from the 3 bridges. Works outside (resurfacing pavement) which may affect you if you are staying at the front but we stayed at the back. Showers on 20 second timer which was a bit annoying but there were plenty of showers and toilets so no need to queue in the morning. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hostel has an excellent location in the centre of the city and that is great because you do not have to use public transport and you can go everywhere you need on foot.There is a supermarket right next to the place so you can buy everything you need.My room was ok though it should have been vacuumed more often because on the third day of my stay there it got quite dirty and the room smelled terrible because a lot of people slept there(it was a dorm).The showers could have been cleaned more often as well.The staff are friendly.The breakfast could have been better because it was too basic.All in all,I had a quite good experience there and I would recommend it to someone who comes to Ljubljana.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our stay in this hostel was disappointing. On the surface, it looks great. Its in a phenomenal location, the beds are comfy and clean, the staff are really helpful and the breakfast was great. However, there is something fundamentally wrong about this hostel. It's quite hard to put your finger on, but there seems to be a lack of thought with the details. The bunk beds in the 12-bed dorm are squeaky beyond anyone's imagination, so woe betide anyone who is thinking of sleeping; they pump inane music throughout the entire hostel until 10pm; the cleaners begin their vacuuming rounds at around 6am; they advertise separate bar, atrium, web room and common room areas where in reality it is a tall room with some chairs, a vending machine and a slowwwwwwwww computer in one corner; and if you're planning on changing the temperature in the shower, you better start weight training now. Perhaps the most glaring error (and the most important thing in any hostel (besides a bed) in my opinion) was the lack of lockers. There were lockers in our room, but required a physical key as opposed to our rooms card key. When I asked, I was told they are "just for decoration". I mean, they were quite attractive wooden cabinets I admit, but I would have preferred the security! It's an ok hostel, but I wouldn't spend any length of time there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver H
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hostel Tresor is an amazing location in the centre of Ljubljana. We were overall really happy with our stay in the hostel as it was extremely clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We stayed in 2 different rooms - Firstly a 6 bed dorm which was very spacious but had no air-con which was a problem. There were also roadworks outsite which were very noisy but I think this was probably a one off. We then stayed in a 12-bed dorm which had air-con, however the wi-fi didn't work particularly well.

Breakfast is included which is nice however it's pretty basic bread/cheese/1 sliced meat.

Despite these hiccups, with the location, cleanliness and modern, bright feel of the hostel, we were happy with our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place looks fantastic. The location is perfect, and the old-bank thing is cool.

But they've failed on some really basic stuff. Firstly, no lockers. That's just silly. There's plenty room under the beds, and somewhere safe to put my stuff is half the reason I'm paying for a hostel.

There are signs for a 'bar' on the first floor. Couldn't find a bar. Wifi was good in the public areas, but didn't work in the rooms. I realise this is a limitation of a big old buildings, but some extra routers would sort that out.

Showers are the annoying push-every-20-seconds kind, and they flood the whole room.

Squeakiest beds in the world. No curtains or power sockets at the bunks in our room.

Inclusive breakfast is a nice touch though, and I suspect some rooms are better than others. Just needs to get some basic things right!

Room Tip: Not sure which are the better rooms, but other reviews imply that some have curtains which would at...