Hotel Emonec
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Cubo(Ljubljana)
US$145
US$242
US$226
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationwaist heightself service laundryold towntriple bridgebasic hotelthe riverthe main squarepedestrian zonecentral locationthree bridgescoffee machineyogurttriple roomrooms are cleanminute walkcold meats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A bit on the squeezy side for room accommodation and breakfast was ordinary but located close to everything .
No views, a laundrymat was opposite the hotel entry.
Hotel located in a quiet alley off Main Street so very close to restaurants shopping and attractions

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Positive: Quick check-in process, friendly people at check-in. Breakfast OK, room OK.
Negative: When you are in the room opposite to the reception, you are close to a club that is next door. The noise last all night and was so loud that the radiators were vibrating. Impossible to sleep. The next day I went to the reception to complain and ask for a partial reimbursment. The poor guy at the reception to ld me that according to the decibelmeter, the noise was not that bad :-) I asked him to call the manager. That person refused to talk to me and said she didn't agree to reimburse me more than ten percents. If I wanted more I had to call the police.
Really not friendly and professional! I really advise you not to go there!

Room Tip: Same building than the reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank David H
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sir,

that night we had more than 120 guests in the hotel and no one, except you, did complain about laud music from Kongres square, which is 100 m from our hotel. Nearby disco club is closed more then 3 years. In the hotel we don't have music.
During the summer there is Ljubljana Summer Festival on nearby Kongres square. The organizer has permission from city, but all events must end till 23.00
We had problems with laud music from nearby disco in the past when disco was still opened. It is not always ok to read all old reviews, come to the hotel and require money back on something what does not exist anymore. The first thing when you come to hotel reception desk in the morning was, that you will write negative review on Trip advisor if we do not give a massive discount. So, you we prepared in advance. For me this was blackmail. We as hotel did nothing wrong, so for what should we give you discount. There was no phone calls from your room to hotel reecption desk during the night. It is normal in the hotel that guests call hotel reception desk if they need something, in case something doesn't work or in case of any problems.....
We were sure that even if we would give you accommodation for free, the bad review would follow.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Ljubljana right next to everything that you need. The rooms vary, but the one I stayed in had been recently renovated and was quite nice. My only real complaint was that the hose for the shower was so short that we had to bend down to wash our hair and the internet did not work in our room at all. There is a Laundromat in the hotel which is nice as well, but the dryers don't work so well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wangsondon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location in the pedestrian heart of the old city. The rooms do need a revamp being dated and tired looking. The beds were awful, the toilet stank of urine and the shower flooded the tiny bathroom. The tv was from another era. The positives were the location, free wifi and a decent breakfast. The service was very friendly and helpful. All in all, due to the price and location rather than the rooms, this hotel was very popular and always full.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sydneysider70
Reviewed 5 July 2014

1. Location - location is unbeatable, 2min walk to the plaza with triple bridge/ church/riverbank, right in the middle of the historic old town, lots of restaurants around, also few min walk to supermarket and shopping street with post office, chemist & large department store etc. very handy & convenient.

I must say I didnt read the info about the fact it is in a 'pedestrian only zone' as the entire old town is.. so, my airport transfer drop me off on the edge and i had to walk it with my luggage (with wheels) quite late at night 11pm for a girl alone.. not big problem, it felt safe & its less than 10 min. the driver did tell me directions but when i reached the plaza with multiple streets i had to stop & read my lonely planet! found it within minutes so no sweat.

2. lobby/reception - reception staff were all (talked to at least 4 different ones) very helpful & polite, all speak English and informative regarding sightseeing.

3. room/ bed - the room is a bit small but enough, afterall this is not a 5 star hotel. the bed is clean & comfy. there is table & chair, wardrobe with coat hangers. its clean on arrival. however it seems the cleaner do not clean the floor. large bits of dirt/crumbs on floor are not cleaned during stay.

my room was facing a parking lot very quiet, the hotel is in a laneway setback from main street so its quiet & safe

4. bathroom - the shower curtain seems too short, flooded the bathroom almost daily !!! also no shower gel you need to get it at the dispenser at handwash basin..hence opening the shower curtain and more flooding opportunity! nevermind. I brought my own anyway. the toilet smelt a bit, must remember to close the bathroom door if you dont want to smell it in your room.

5. free breakfast - very good breakfast! good selection of meat & cheese, yogurt, bread with butter, jam etc coffee tea juice fruit its all there plenty of food lots of seats and staff clean up quickly even when a huge German school group turned up I didnt feel i had to wait long for food or seat.

6. upon check out you can store luggage in their locked up garage for free.

7. free wifi 24/7 in room & breakfast area.

Overall i was happy with my choice, in terms of location, cleanliness, price and level of facilities & service. (stayed 3 nights in June 2014)

Room Tip: there are like 3 steps up so you'll have to carry your luggage up no lift
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo