“Fantastic day-trip from Ljubljana - highly recommended”

Slovenia Private Tours
Ranked #16 of 82 Tours in Ljubljana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore Slovenia with an experienced guide.
Brisbane, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic day-trip from Ljubljana - highly recommended”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fantastic day out from Ljubljana with George (Gorazd), who has great knowledge and keen to share. With an early start, we spent the day visiting 2 cave systems (Postojna and Skocjan) as well as the Pedjama Castle; along the way we stopped by the Lippica Horse Stud too.
George is a wealth of knowledge and very friendly with very good English and he is keen to share with visitors.
George even helped me to plan my own day-trip the following day to Bled.
I thoroughly recommend that you spend a day with George if you visit Ljubljana and want a day out or more out of the city visiting some of Slovenia's beauty.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Simon H
SloveniaPrivate, Owner at Slovenia Private Tours, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
the pleasure was all mine!
Stay well, G.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Debrecen, Hungary
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A short and nice trip in Slovenia with lot of flowers”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We spent just few days at Ljubljana and have made short trips around it. We have visited the lake Bled, the Vintgar gorge, we have made a hiking trip to Golica moutain. The best pictures we have taken at Golica with lot of flowering narcissi. The accomodation at Gorazd was comfortable for us.
Here you can see pictures: http://hegyman.fw.hu/2013%20Golica/album/index.html

Visited May 2013

Sofia, Bulgaria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Feeling at home in Ljubljana”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Back in September 2011 I visited Ljubljana for a few days. George hosted me via Airbnb and made my stay unforgetable. Not only is he a welcoming and hospitable airbnb host, but he's a real entrepreneur. He’s an intelligent, innovative and flexible person with a good sense of humour. As a professional guide he's got this special flair for making the most of his guests’ stay. One could never be bored or miss out on important Slovenian sights and events. He helped me experience Slovenia as a local – for that and for my whole stay, I’m saying a big “Thank you”!

Visited December 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guide and amazing places!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I spent part of summer 2013 in Ljubljana, and took the chance to travel a bit around this pretty country: Slovenia Private Tours and George (your driver and personal guide) made it an excellent time.
We got a 360 degrees experience thanks to George's kindness in accommodating all our requests, starting from the times, the places we wanted to visit or just stop by, and all the rest that comes with an excellent tour. George is also extremely knowledgeable and fills you in with all the historical/political details there are to know, other than offering you a very time effective and still relaxing tour of this beautiful country.
Highly recommended! Thanks Slovenia Private Tours!

Visited August 2013

1 Thank Matt820
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bled/Postojna Cave”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

During the summer of 2012 I did a day tour to Bled and the Postohna Caves and it was awesome. Bled is absolutely beautiful. If anything, I would have liked more time there. The caves were magnificent. Slovenia Private Tours made it a completely stress-free carefree day and the tour guide's knowledge of the region and the history made talking during the drive very interesting. I would strongly recommend this company for tours.

Visited July 2013