“try Lesar next door for a real treat”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I arrived on business a few days ago. A "sullen" girl called Ania met myself and my friends and gave us our room keys. Smiling was obviously not part of her makeup. When I got to my room (no 5) I realised that my chronic back injury would not cope with a bed which undulated like the himalayas!. I went immediately back to reception and asked for a change of room to be told by Ania "swap with one of your friends. We have no others." I told her not to worry i would look at another nearby (Lesar) where I have had a wonderful stay. She told me she would charge me anyway. She was exceptionally confrontational. Eventually she agreed i could have room 13 which had a new bed. The bed was great and in a 2 story apartment of 2 star quality. the bedroom was upstairs and under such tiny eves it was impossible to stand. I then decided a nice bath was in order. The bath was deep and looked lovely. I couldn't get the plug to work. I rang Ania- "we don't want you to have a batha nd therefore there is a hole in the plug". Luckily I had a cunning plan: I had a yoghurt top which sealed the hole in the plug ang I enjoyed enjoying the bath and getting one over on Slovenia's worst receptionist. The appartment had an open staicase which was very dangerous. Breakfast was OK but not a single member of staff around. How on earth did this hotel get such good reports. It is a dump. I have stayed in awful bed and breakfasts in the UK which were better. Don't be disappointed try the Lesar (it was the same priice the nights I stayed at the Antiq. On the last morning, I came down for breakfast and decided to carry some of my luggage down and leave it in reception. I ate my breakfast and went back up before 9am to have a rest in my room. Guees what when i got there they had stripped the bed and were remaking the appartment even though it was over 2 hours to check out.
Basil fawlty would love this place. !! I shall be back in the lovely Slovenia on business but NEVER in the antiq. I would also say that Barbara was a lovely girl who took over from Ania.

Room Tip: ask to see several rooms. If you want a bath make sure the plug hasn't had a hole drilled in it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank oliverrochester
antiqhotel, Manager at Hotel Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your respective comment. We deeply regret the misfortune, we did not meet your expectations. As your valued and appreciated opinion is really important for us, we are taking your comment as constructive feedback.
We always try to deliver the best service to our respective guests and we deeply regret we were not successful with you.

We apologize again for inconvenience.

With kindest regards

Antiq Hotel manager

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel has a great localization on a beautiful square.
The room was large, clean, quite and lovely. Good bathroom and towels.
The staff was pleasant and really helpful!
I strongly recommend to everybody!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elisa B
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The location was great for walking all around the city center, including the river, museums, restaurants and castle. Our room was clean and nice, with interesting decor and the service was quite helpful. We were interested in renting a car and the price that the front desk found us was MUCH more than we were ultimately able to find online (though it would have been even cheaper if we had booked 24 hours in advance online through Avis).

Room Tip: There was not an elevator so ask for a room on the lower floor if you are less mobile.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
antiqhotel, Manager at Hotel Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for staying with us and giving us opportunity to host you.
Thank you for taking the time and giving us your respective comment. We always try to do our best to deliver best service and to please our valued and respective guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for you next visit and let us know you are regular Antiq guest.
With kindest regards

Antiq Hotel manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel after Christmas. It was perfectly located near all the attractions, but quiet enough to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and thought the hotel presented a great value. We had a car and were able to find convenient street parking 5 min away. We highly recommend a visit to Manna, a restaurant about 10 min from here- a WONDERFUL meal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Although we enjoyed our stay and the breakfasts were delicious, there were no lifts in the hotel.We had to carry our suitcases to the 4th floor. (There were more than 60 steps). We were told that the reason for this is that the hotel is so old and it is a heritage building. Escalators will not fit in with the hotel.The hotel is situated in the old part of the city and no cars are allowed there. We had to park our car in a lot about 1km away.It was raining heavilly on the day of our departure and we had to walk with our suitcases and hand baggage whilst carrying an umbrella.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is quirky and unique. The reception team couldn't be more helpful, the room we stayed in was beautiful (mind your head if you are very tall due to sloping ceiling). It's at one end of the main part of the city & at the base of the castle so in a nice location.
The rooms haven't got lots of walking space but are very personal with all the decor and touches and the bathroom is lovely and clean and light and airy.
The breakfast was lovely, truly truly divine.
There are some rooms on the other side of the patio area with outside stairs leading up to them, they look interesting for the next time.
Would stay here again for the personal touches.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HnS_11
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Enjoyed my one night in Ljubljana and the Antiq Hotel. Arrived early but my room was ready. It had a modern bath and an antique balcony with picturesque stairs going down to a small garden. Breakfast at the hotel was great, which I didn't fully appreciate until I had other breakfasts at hotels in Italy and Slovenia. Next door to the hotel was a great little restaurant for lunch, where they play live music daily and have really bargain meals. I had a beautiful salad and large serving of pork loin/potato/veggie for 5 euros, and they said the glass of wine was free. The restaurant employed several individuals with disabilities, so perhaps the food was supsidized, but it was worth 2 or 3 times as much, and was really delicious.

The Antiq was a great start for a tour of Slovenia and Croatia, lots of help from the staff (from carrying my suitcases to the room, to suggestions for sightseeing).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo