“Spacious & well lit hostel by Ljubljianica river, ideal for centre & bars”
Review of AdHoc Hostel

and 1 more site!
AdHoc Hostel
Reading, Berkshire
“Spacious & well lit hostel by Ljubljianica river, ideal for centre & bars”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights in this hostel. The reception is at the ground floor, but the hostel is the first & second floors. There was an issue with one of the shower rooms but overall the hostel was clean. Guests and staff friendly. There was no kitchen, but drinks and snacks are available in the common room and anyway there are plenty of bars and cafes a short walk away. The hostel also offered free internet & wi-fi

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

No lights in the loos, or showers, and few on the blackout stairs. I had to use the loo with the door open - nice. NO hot water (and was lied to, saying someone had used up all the hot water in the tank, and there was no one else there). Towels not provided - but then, I didn't want a freezing shower - hand held, the fitting was broken. The beds were reasonably comfortable, but the mattresses smelt of mouldy old dusty guests - I didn't quite like to think how old the mattresses were and what the stuffing now consisted of. Obscene graffitti on the walls.

I've had far better in remote Africa.

Two nights - booked and paid for - otherwise I'd have moved.

Great shame - it's central in Ljubljana, which is a lovely city.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ljubljana hotels

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

The location of this hostel cannot be better. The bedding is clean and for the price I wouldnt expect more. The most annoying thing for us was that there were no curtains in the room, therefore, we were woken up at about 6am.

• Stayed March 2013
Jordan
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed for one night at Alibi hostel and it was very disappointing, the one good thing about it is the location, it's located in the middle of Ljubljana city center.
The room was depressing, the hostel was very noisy, there was no Kitchen in the common room and that was for me a shock because I was flying from the Middle East and I was carrying food that needed a fridge !! there was no breakfast, I waited till 1:00 pm to check in, no elevator so I didn't even bother to carry my luggage to the room, I decided to leave my luggage in their basement.
The toilets are dirty, and there was no soap in the toilets and sometimes no toilet paper.
In my room, somebody wrote on the wall "feeling like a fridge? This is the worst hostel ever", and that made me laugh, I thought to myself ok, it seems I am not the only one that is disappointed with this hostel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 February 2013

It is the worst hostel I have never been.
I stayed in hostels for less money and were fantastic compared with this.
Everything is dirty, have a shower here is the worst idea, the beds are really unpleasant, sorry better everything in the room is disgusting.
Now I have all my body spotty, so imagine the conditions...
This weekend I stayed in this hostel, and I have an accident with the car so I could not sleep there the first nigth, I called to the hostel to ask about it and the girl who catched the phone said that there was no problem, we could not pay for this nigth, but when we arrived we had to pay for it, and the girl who catched the phone destroyed my calling note, I tried to find a solution because they were hesitating in my face, lie after lie, and the boss´s answer was"I do not want to talk with this client. Only care about money, it's clear, it was embarrassing. Finally they gave me a solution I could sleep in a better room ( the better room was exactly the same as the others rooms, dirty, with a bed mattress thinner than a paper, and without radiators of course.
Then most of the radiators do not work and the only solution offered was more sheets, imagine -10ºC outside...so finally at 2 am I was changing my better room, for the smalest one in the highest flat.

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME, DO NOT GO HERE

Room Tip: Every room is horrible.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nerea G
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I have stayed in Alibi M14 before so was expecting something similiar - what a shock I got!! Dirty rooms, no kitchen, toilets filthy, no loo roll (after 2 days complained), showers dirty and dodgy. The staff are nice in fairness and its not their business, they only work there but a little pride in appearance would probably sort this place right out. Get a mop instead of a buffer to clean the toilets, dusting doesn't remove crap ior the smell of it. Security was a joke as the lockers weren't big enough to hold rucksacks or cases and anybody could walk in off the street and go where they wanted. There is a kettle at reception if you want tea or coffee, but you must wait for staff to boil it and pour you out a cup that you must have yourself! If you want somewhere central, this would do but don't expect even the basics, I notice that a lot of football fans stay here when matches are on so it gets quite noisy, and with wooden floors all round expect some sort of an early wake up call!!!

Room Tip: Go for a private double, lockers aren't big enough in dorms for luggage.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have only stayed in this hostel by accident, and I can truly say it was our worst stay in a hostel ever!! We have stayed in hostels in Cambodia for 7 dollars (per room!!not per person) and they were mode adequate than this place.
Believe I would use much more harsh words if I could, but I know tripadvisor wouldn't allow.
Just plain and simple-do NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE.
The toilets and bathrooms, are smelly, so are the rooms!!! You have to put your own linen on the bedding etc.
DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. nothing much else to say.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple