“Far from the expected”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I took my father and the rest of the family to this restaurant for his birthday, since my father really likes Indian cuisine. I knew this restaurant was rather expensive, but given the occasion the prices were not important for us. The waitress who served us was really unfriendly. When she gave us menus and we asked her what she would recommend, she just rolled her eyes and said that this is not really up to her to tell. Furthermore, since I have intolerance to dairy products, I kindly asked her is she could tell me which dishes do not contain milk. She again rolled her eyes and was clearly annoyed. Over all, she was completely unhelpful, even a bit sarcastic.

I hardy get annoyed, but this waitress did ruin our dinner with her attitude and disrespectful behavior. Also the food was average - given the prices it should be far better.

I am never going to this restaurant again and I strongly advise you to avoid it for special occasions.

1  Thank Brigita P

Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you like Indian food you won't go far wrong here. Not cheap by uk pricing but a fair price for a fair meal. Found it quite surreal listening to Heart FM whilst eating in the middle of Slovenia.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The food was amazing and our waiter was hilarious. Service was quick and efficient and the price isn't that high. I'm definitely going back. :)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We loved everything and the owner is such a sweet woman. I eat there every business trip I have to Ljubljana. It is fantastic.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was really expecting something tasty from Namaste, maybe because of the prices that are higher than Maharaja. I ordered a daily menu which was not expensive (7 eur). The spinach soup was so bland and over salted. The young waitress was nice (not like the Indian lady who seated us without words, looking murky) but she didn't tell I have a dessert on my plate which had the main course. So I almost dipped my onion ring in a rice dessert. Well. Don't try the mixed lentil curry because it tastes like dirt and the milk rice dessert is really not special. I think I'll stick with the other Indian restaurants in Ljubljana. The one good thing is the ambient and location.