“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is in the city center and attracts many with its location, but the food is miserable. If you know Indian food and like it, this place will definitely be a disappointment. Besides that they are very slow and not particularly friendly, the food lacks the fresh indian herbs and has just a hint of the authentic flavour. There are better places in Ljubljana to eat Indian.

There are newer reviews for Namaste Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were walking around the town and as we turned a corner, Namaste popped up in front of us. It was close to dinner time, so we walked in and ordered some food. We were delightfully surprised to find the food quite good in terms of quality and quantity. The naans were piping hot. If the food passes the taste test of this native Indian, consider it to be good. The young waitress was very pleasant, but the older lady, probably the owner has not learned the Western ways of being cheery and pleasant with customers. I did not let that become a source of disappointment for me as some of the negative feeling behavior originates with not being fluent in English. One flaw, the tandoori chicken seemed to have been steamed before being tandoorized. It was not gourmet Indian food, but then this was not a restaurant in India.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had lunch here on friday at 1pm. The restaurant was pretty empty and with very little (if any) atmosphere. The waitress did her job completely without enthusiasm, joy or professionalism. I regret to say that food was only a bit better then the waitresses job. If you have not had Indian cuisine before, you will maybe enjoy it. We are, on the other had, very enthusiastic about Indian cuisine, we tried it all over the world and we can not say that this was Indian. To have a piece of meat and though Indian spices does not make food Indian. We understand that it is hard to have true Indian outside India, but there is so much place for improvement here. Prices of lunch (two starters, two mains, two drinks) was 50€.

1  Thank TeamMis
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I took my father and the rest of the family to this restaurant for his birthday, since my father really likes Indian cuisine. I knew this restaurant was rather expensive, but given the occasion the prices were not important for us. The waitress who served us was really unfriendly. When she gave us menus and we asked her what she would recommend, she just rolled her eyes and said that this is not really up to her to tell. Furthermore, since I have intolerance to dairy products, I kindly asked her is she could tell me which dishes do not contain milk. She again rolled her eyes and was clearly annoyed. Over all, she was completely unhelpful, even a bit sarcastic.

I hardy get annoyed, but this waitress did ruin our dinner with her attitude and disrespectful behavior. Also the food was average - given the prices it should be far better.

I am never going to this restaurant again and I strongly advise you to avoid it for special occasions.

1  Thank Brigita P
Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you like Indian food you won't go far wrong here. Not cheap by uk pricing but a fair price for a fair meal. Found it quite surreal listening to Heart FM whilst eating in the middle of Slovenia.