“Great food, slow service”
Review of Bascarsija

Bascarsija
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Maribor
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've had an opportunity to eat here three or four times, the food was good but the overall service is very poor. The staff is slow and rude, once we were lied to our face that they don't serve drought beer. After we ordered bottled one, the more expensive of course, we saw that the waiter is taking drought beer to the table next to us.
Also, their side-dish of potatoes was pretty embarrassing, we've got burned old potatoes that - I guess - were just reheated in the oven for us.
But the location is nice, and despite all food is good. I hope that the service will improve.

There are newer reviews for Bascarsija

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The food here is Bosnian, fabulous bread, very tasty meats and Bosnian wine. The inside is like a traditional village, they have a few rooms for accommodation too, although we didn't try that. I am so glad a Slovenian friend was able to recommend this restaurant it is great value.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I will come back when the completely unpolite waiter doesnt work at this restaurant anymore.I live this place but one thing I cannot allow is to deal with a waiter who used sometimes his violence to shut the customers up.A pity!

1  Thank jecalga
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Prepare for a great meal, full of tradition (Bosnian in our case), abundant in quantity, excellent in quality!
You will not be disappointed by the soups and the roasted meat: a glorious celebration of succulent pleasure!
Authentic, friendly, great service completed our 5* stay in this celebrated jewel.
You'll remember it for years to come...

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We ate here in our first evening in Maribor - we were overwhelmed by the size of the 2 person plate. The food is very good (traditional bosnian menu) but be prepared for a lot of meat :).