First of all, without any interpretation, below is the reply from the owner of this pension following our review score in Booking.com about our stay in this pension:
Dear Mrs. Sucuka and Mr. Suer !
Your opinion and evaluation of our accommodation at bookin.com it is built on incorrect facts.
On our website from booking.com is clearly written:
1. This property (Pension Silvia) only accepts cash payments. Credit cards are only needed to guarantee your booking.
2. Check in 13:00 - 22:00 hours.
3. Meals: Breakfast costs € 8 per person per night.
4. And finally our locatoion is precisely marked on the google map.
When you talk about a price: on arrival day at 22 pm you could lose accommodation and money on your credit card because you could be registered as a no-show (check in till 22 pm !!).
But no, thanks to our call (SMS), our appreciate, our concern and our waiting till midnight!
Obviously you do not understand enough English or German?! Or maybe you do not travel enough around the world ....
Definitely you are not enough educated and enlightened to even notice that we are the best evaluated accommodation in Portoroz and on the Slovenian coast.
Back to my comments: The reply speaks for itself, right? Such a poor quality, humiliating response because of a lower score! We just stayed in this property for 1 night (07.09.2013) and were late to check-in due to European Basketball Champ in Slovenia. The property is quite far away from the city center (not a walking distance, with taxi 10 Eur), offers low value for its price (we paid 108 Eur for a night in a pension! additionaly, if you are used to hotels, much lower quality, bed, towels, etc.) and very thin walls (I can precisely hear the snoring in the next room).
Coming back to who we are? I am General Manager in one of the South Eastern Europe Affiliates of the leading international tobacco company, where my partner is an executive who is currently working in Switzerland. We just came from a summer vacation in Capri and Amalfi coast, which can be another major reason for our disappointment to stay in such a lousy pension.
To conclude, I would not recommend this place for any traveller looking for good standards and pleasurable stay in this lovely town of Slovenian coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pension Silvia, a family-run house, is set 10-minute walk from a stunning old town Piran that stands out by its beauty and historical heritage. It is surrounded by a lush mediterranean park and overlooks a bay of Portoroz. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but still near the town centre and only 150 metres from the Bernardin Beach . All rooms come with balconies or terraces offering views over the sea and park and air conditioning. They are equipped with LCD cable TV, a fridge and a private bathrooms with shower. A fully equipped kitchen is available only in apartments. The guests have at their disposal a common dining and living room and a sunny terrace. Every morning a rich buffet breakfast is served in the dining room and in the evening hours you can enjoy a relaxing glass of wine from our selection of local wines while watching satellite TV. Available Wi-fi internet, private parking and bike rental. The picturesque streets of Piran offer numerous restaurants serving traditional Istrian and Mediterranean food. Guests can stroll among boutiques, art galleries and artisan shops. A grocery shop, a wellness centre, a public swimming pool and tennis courts can be found at a distance of 300 metres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Pension SILVIA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.