“get in touch with nature :)”

and 1 more site!
Adrenaline - Check Kaki Event Place - Portorose
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We went there last year in August . The place is even more beautiful then on pictures from website. It is very peaceful and relaxing. Our 2 years daughter really enjoyed first time being in camp and sleeping in tent. The hosts are very pleasant people and they really try to keep you satisfy in every way. Tents and toilets are really clean.
Nearby ( 5- 10min walk) you have supermarkets, restaurants..
The beach is also close, about 1,5km from camp.

Kaki place is surely one of the places that we will go again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pustolov78

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Fantastic place. Offers relaxation and escape from the regular urban life. So well that you don't want to leave. The Staff is hospitable and smiling. The coast is near abuot 1.5km but still you are isolated in the forest silence. I'm thrilled and can't wait to go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After having stayed in various standard Slovenian campsites (large, family-oriented, full of caravans), it was great to find this place. It's very small and chilled-out. When I was there, most other guests were also young people in their 20s, although the campsite is certainly also suitable for families or older travellers who are looking for a quiet place to camp. As a solo traveller, the communal cooking and eating area was a great way to meet other people and have a beer together in the evening.

Even if you don't have your own camping equipment you can still stay here, because they rent out tents (you also get a mattress and duvet/pillow), and there is a fully equipped cooking area. The showers and toilets were clean, and you can borrow a bike for free which takes you to the coast in about 10 minutes and to the nearest supermarket in 5 minutes. The cycle back is uphill, but all very gradual, nothing bad. They also offer a free pick up from then nearest bus station, so even though this place is a little bit out of the way it is easy to stay here even if you don't have your own car.

Last but not least are the owners, who go out of their way to help you and are really trying to make your stay special. I had a great few days and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have never imagined that I didn't have to travel far to find a camp like this. Actually it's so close to my home I can go there anytime...And so I do. For a few times I went there for a couple of days but stayed at least a week.
Small, friendly, relaxing, away from the noise of by-coastal region, but still a nice (downhill) ride to the sea by bike (that you can rent for free). From the camp you can easily ride to Piran for a coffee or to get lost in those small streets.
Surrounded by forest, sounds of crickets, actually in the middle of nowhere, but the shops are close and since I don't have a car, this is also one problem less for me.
I don't believe there is one thing that would bother me there even a bit. OK, mosquitos can be a pain sometimes-but you cannot awoid them when you are staying in the nature, but all the rest...it's just perfect. The bathroom is clean and big enough, the kitchen is lovely (like everything but the bathroom it's all handmade), there is a herb garden that you can use and nothing beats fresh mediterranian herbs when you want to make a meal that suits this place and people. When the weather allows it, you can make a fire in the fireplace of the camp's "livingroom", and there the staff often makes the "satch"-a meal from the iron bowl. The tents are nice, each with it's own little terrace, and if you bring your own tent, or the staff puts one of theirs up for you, you stay under the kaki trees. Besides this, they have hammocks for relaxing and some games that small and big children can play with. Some days I don't feel the need to leave the camp at all.
Probably all this creates the right energy to attract nice people there- people who appreciate and love nature, a good conversation by the fire with a glass of good local wine...even while I'm writing this I have a smile on my face.
And again, thank you Kaki familly for always making me feel welcome there!

Room Tip: there are no rooms, hura!
Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank VRBA2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fantastic place! You get the impression you are in a middle of nowhere. No lack of good atmosphere but still kind of peaceful. Amazing hosts that can present you a lot of exciting things to do while there.
“I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.”

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Amazing! We stayed for a week and definitely intend to return there.
The people were extremely friendly and helpful, we felt right at home. Because of the free bikes available we could either spend our days at the seaside, at one of the locations Simon recommended to us (which did turn out to be splendid, so do ask him for recommendations!), or simply stay at the camp. It has hammocks and a fireplace as well as a well-stocked vegetable garden, and we could play mini-table tennis or otherwise relax and take a time out.
We also had the pleasure of comparing it to the other Adrenalinecek Camp in the North of Slovenia, which was very nice, but nowhere near this camp in terms of our personal enjoyment. This one is much more family-like, and simply a place we truly enjoyed.

Room Tip: The most highly situated tent with a roof is the one most removed from the other travelers, therefor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L S
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This campsite is truly amazing! They picked us up at the bus station and once we had checked-in, we immediately got a delicious welcome-slibovitsj-honey-drink - made us feel very at home :) We went there in August 2012, when they were just starting out. It's a beautiful place to stay, not far from the seaside and some nice villages, but still in nature. We had a really great time here, spending the evening with Simon, (a back then still very pregnant) Marina, and some other people from the campsite, listening to music, cooking together, watching fireworks from the top of the mountain, .. It was a dream come true. We left after a few days for the other Kaki Adrenalincek campsite near Bovec, but we wished we had stayed here for the whole trip. When I go back to Slovenia, I will definitely come back here!

Room Tip: The tents that you can rent are fantastic, a really nice bed and they are covered so that you don...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple