“Good draft beer and food”
Review of Vitorlas Etterem

Vitorlas Etterem
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Balatonfured
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Nice view outside of the Lake. Drink order taken and delivered quickly. Staff never came back to get our dinner order. Finally, had to ask to make a dinner order. Dinner came and the mushroom gulyas was delicious.(this was a vegan meal) The pork clod dinner was delicious as well. We were the last ones on the patio , it was getting chilly. My husband had to go in to ask for the bill. That was delivered quickly.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Pros: nice view to the lake Balaton, friendly staff.
Cons: low quality food, unprofessional waiter, expensive.

We were there with my colleges in a wine taste dinner. The wine taste started, than we needed to order the food in meantime. Than 2 wine arrived in parallel with the food !? Than the 3rd wine was forgotten....For food we ordered fish soup from catfish....no taste at all, only salt, very small pieced of fish. Main dish we ordered grilled fogas (local lakefish), but it was overgrilled, even burned. Absolutely disappointing kitchen quality. Never again. And the last thing: they are closing at 9 p.m, and you can notice it, when the staff starting to pull the chairs together ("kind" reminder by them "it is time to leave!".

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

There are so many things wrong with this place I don’t even know where to start. I was mistreated and yelled at by the manager as I dared to question why was I denied to use the restroom after my family of 4 have already consumed coffee and ice cream on the coffee terrace of their restaurant with the restaurants name on that coffee shop and my invoice. This misogynistic shameless excuse of service personnel/manager made his mission to deny access to restroom use and when I questioned him why can’t I, having paid already said “it’s too many of you”( meaning those wishing to have coffee and ice cream in 36 C heat instead of a chopped lamb in the restaurant ) raised his voice at me and stepped closer to lean over so I’m intimidates to leave. When I then mentioned I will definitely raise this over social media, he then yelled out loud in front of all customers and personnel for me to “Choke on my comments”(!!!!). I was humiliated and in total shock for the rest of the evening. I also had my teenager niece and my mother to witness this, also he denied telling me his name when I wanted to raise a complaint. Here is the name of my abuser- Peter Rostas, if you see this man greeting you on the terrace know that there are hundred places in Balaton to support with your money than this disgrace of a man.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

If you want to go there weekends I suggest you to make a reservation.Food and drinks are very good but because of lots of guests waiting for your order took a while! My ice cream in pancake was excellent but the plate was warm, so I had to eat it quickly to avoid melting it.
In evening live music is there.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We've been going here for three years. Two years ago it was great, last year mediocre, this year appalling. Food is classic Hungarian restaurant stuff but it's completely missing that special personal touch. The service and the atmosphere kills the whole thing, there's far too much unprofessionalism. As a Hungarian, I wouldn't recommend it, there are much better venues around to spend your hard-earned money. It's a shame because the venue itself would have so much potential.