“Quiet and cozy”

Ranked #211 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Timisoara
“Quiet and cozy”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at this BB and it was really nice. We've arrived in the evening and we were astonished by the silence all around. The rooms are clean, the personnel can speak English (not fluent though). The breakfast is of type all you can eat, with the usual: milk, cereals, orange juice, salamis, boiled eggs (except on Sunday), french toast (bundas kenyer), jams, they have a bread toaster, .... One can park the car in the pension's courtyard. You can pay in EUR or HUF (forints). The city tax was quite low (3 EUR for 2 nights). There is a Profi market in the neighborhood (about 700 m down the hill, by the bus station) and a nice restaurant (Jardinette - excellent meal) and a small store about 700 m up the hill, by the tram station.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank c4you2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We made reservation with booking.com for 2 rooms (1 single+1 for with queen-size bad) 10 days before we came. When we came in hotel, they told us that we can have only 1 room! We were trying to communicate with personnel in Kapu Panzio for almost 3 hours without any success (our reservation wasn’t in the book-they forgot to book us properly). After we made contact to booking.com, they put extra bad in our room, so we have 3 people in one room! Next day they gave us another room. Toilette was in total chaos – leaking water from WC shell on ground.
Food wasn’t so bad. Fortunately, we been most of the time outside in the city 

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Machu Picchu, Peru
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I spent almost a week at this hotel conveniently located, just minutes away (driving) from the fascinating Citadela or old fortress/castle on top of Buda Hill. The last 3 days my family came along and we enjoyed clean and quiet rooms, and an extremely friendly personal who advised us where to go, where to eat, and what to see.
I will definitely return to this place any time I pass through Budapest.

luciano

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucayali
Sopron, Hungary
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We stayed in Kapu Panzio during last month for a week-end, and I can say that it was a very special place really relaxing,the only thing wich can woke you up it is the birds singing in the mornings.They have spacoous rooms, with real wood furniture, not in a modern style but nice and i think is eco-friendly.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.The breakfast was rich and good.If iI will go to visit budapest again, i will visit this pension again, because it is cheap, nice and with a big nice garden, and safety parking wich is important for us.
I will reccomand this pension to all my friends.Hope to see you soon Kapu Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was very big, spacious.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank misscoco23
Bochum, Germany
Reviewed 25 March 2011

so first day arrival i have been so impressed they gave me this tourist guide tool when i took the trip by bus. I could hear everything in my language walking arround downtown telling me about the monuments museum the castle district the bridges . After this day i have had such a good sleep , the bed is big and the rooms are from real material and big and not plastic stuff. The air that I breathed was fantastic, no stupid air conditions noise . The breakfast on the huge terasse outside was super in the calm district. After I prepared my shoes camera and some notes of forints and I started the second day where i have finished before. A small walk of 5 minutes. A bus trip to the downtown, 10 minutes later i have been exactly where i wished to be with my friends. We took the best tip from the hotel manager, and have had combined menue and bath in the Gellert Hotel. Yes that was good.
The third and fourth day we spend in the other termal bath Rudat i think was the name.
And again good sleep, some good wines in the bar from the pension and we ordered a lovely family pizza. I wait now to turn back there because , the nice quite hotel place , the relaxing sleep , the good service and breakfast and the international guests we have had contact with , great. Next time i will go by taxi from there to do the big wine fest. Yes that is my planning. This pension they have better prices for everything and they have also special taxy group price.. Ah the last day after a good Sauna and the trimming bike in the pension we asked them to cook for us, best hungarian food, and they made it possible unforgetable good quality of food , but you must book before to have this cooking they gave all informations what they can do for you. Next i am thinking to go with my company there because they do have two places where we can manage training and busyness reception ask before.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Valenciennes
Reviewed 21 April 2009

i spend one week in Budapest and found a nice place Kapu Panzio to sleep well.
The nights away from the daily traffic, a clean place with big rooms .
WIFI connection good to write my reports for my company . Very good breakfast to restart refreshed in the new day.
Really to recommend this because it is confortable nice and good quality price relation.
Taxi always have been in time . Fast downtown and meeting my customers.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business