“Italian, and good not for just the pizza”

Millennium da Pippo
Ranked #338 of 3,515 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was a positive experience to have a dinner with my family. I wanted to have a pizza as if it is an italian restaurants. But because my family members chose something else, I didn't want to eat pizza alone, so tried of one the main meat dishes. And it was great! Also the others enjoyed their meals, so the food is really good. After we tried an almond-ricotta cake which was delicious. The staff was nice, the service was fast. Even if we went weekday, maybe during weekends the service can be slower, but in our case it was not like that.
The restaurant is expensive though, but it worth it.

1  Thank Mate N

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A colleague/friend's partner is from Italy, and she recommended this restaurant. Now I take anyone who visits me there, even though it's a Sicilian restaurant, not Hungarian. The homemade pastas are tender and delicious. The pizzas are fantastic. I haven't heard from anyone who hasn't eaten a great meal here. The multilingual staff are customer-oriented. And you are typically offered a free Grappa at the end of the meal. The atmosphere is casual, warm, and friendly. It's smart to have a reservation, but we haven't always had one and have gotten a table. I love this place.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Busy and packed with locals! Great choice of food-the anti-pasti starter was huge, fresh and perfect for sharing. Very resonable prices with all the obvious choices. We enjoyed pizza, pasta and an octopus salad and all were delicious. On Andrassy Avenue close to Hero's Square.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

They are obviously great football fans, the whole restaurant exudes this, but it is very lovely decorated with a simulation of a metro station incorporating details of old restaurants, football clubs and players. The food is very good, real italian (the cooks and waiters are italian), but the service is unfortunatelly also italian so the best description would be moody, but I guess it's part of their charm ;)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It happened to be very near where we were staying and we were pleasantly surprised by its atmosphere and quality