“Christmas at Buda Castle Fashion”

Buda Castle Fashion Hotel
Ranked #30 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Christmas at Buda Castle Fashion”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Friendly and nice communication in advance, it was very easy to add a 3rd guest to our initial booking for two and adapt room size and price.
On arrival, very nice reception and well-prepared invoice etc.
Room on 2nd floor was nice, equipped with a twin bed on a gallery and a bed / sofa combination. Mini Bar, flat LCD, safe, hair dryer etc....whatever you need.
Clean carpet and bathroom.
Free and good WiFi. International TV programs (5 or 6 German channels)
Breakfast selection was ok for the size of the hotel - sometimes it took them some time to refill such as bread and scrambled eggs etc, but that's it with the critics.

The location is really beautiful, up on the hill and with a wonderful view on the river and the chain bridge.

100% recommendation for a short trip to Budapest.
If you are looking for a protestant church - it's just around the corner. We went there for Christmas.

Room Tip: We had room 203 and were very pleased.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaTiSuinBuda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wipperfurth, Germany
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We visited the hotel for a weekend trip the weekend before christmas and were stunned by the location, service, rooms and quietness of this hotel.
The hotel is rather small with a nice familiar atmosphere to it. The room we had was very quiet (as quiet as out home in the countryside) large and furnished in a nice modern way.
The bed was rather on the firm side - just the way I like it. We slept like babys.
The location in the middle of the castle district 2min walk from the matthias church is very nice, but you need approx. 10-15 min walk to get to the next tram station: Not an issue for as as we wanted to explore the city by foot anyway. Also taxis are quite affordable in Budapest.
Breakfast was good as well.
Overall This hotel is the best value for money I ever had in my 25 years of private and business travel - Highly recommended !

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Foliengriller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We paid about £50 (including breakfast). The hotel is modern but you can tell it’s been cheaply done. The bed was like a rock and the pillows were lumpy. However the staff was extremely helpful, rooms were very clean, free wifi and all the mod cons you’d need (including a computer to use freely in the foyer!) Breakfast was basic but had something for all tastes. The location of the hotel is brilliant; Castle Hill is so pretty and great for wondering around the fairytale streets. Plenty of cafes and restaurants around the area however easy enough to walk down the hill to Pest (I’d get the cable car back up though!). Would I go back to the hotel, depends how much the Hilton was going for down the road as that bed doesn’t do well for a day of walking around sightseeing!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank benandkristyh
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed at the hotel back in April for 4 nights and we were very glad to have chosen it. The location is fantastic, within walking distance of many places we wanted to visit and in the peaceful and beautiful Buda. The hotel is very well decorated and our room was spacious and clean. The staff were always friendly and helpful and always on hand if you needed anything.The place is also very peaceful, we didn't ever get disturbed by people in the next room or anyone which was great.
It is more of a 4.5 rating with the only criticismbeing the breakfast which was limited and the breakfast room was very small. Despite that, if we return back to lovely Budapest, we would definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1066girl
London
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Sadly I have to reiterate the previous review. I arrived here for a prebooked, prepaid stay to be told a Government meeting was taking place and my room had been reallocated to them! I was forced to move to a hotel in an area I had booked to avoid which totally ruined my holiday. Sadly this has clouded my view of Budapest and I am unlikely to return. I am surprised the "Government" finds this hotel so popular when the tourists are unable to get a bed there despite paying in advance. I would recommend not booking here if you wish to enjoy your stay.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jackie B
HotelManagement039, General Manager at Buda Castle Fashion Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Beyond compliments we are open also to criticism in order to strengthen our guest relations in our Buda Castle Fashion Hotel. Reading this comment I am very sorry to learn, that the four star city centre hotel -opened recently-, could not fulfil the guests needs. Honest apologies again, if any inconvenience caused. At the same time I am a bit surprised getting the comment, in spite of the fact, that all requested compensation we received in writing, was settled by our hotel within a couple of hours. I believe the immediate reaction from our side will prove to TripAdvisor readers our commitment to the highest level of guest service and will choose us as a host for their next visit to Budapest.

Miklós Gaál
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Just arrived for a pre-paid 2 night stay - told on arrival that the hotel was overbooked due to a "government delegation" and that we wouldn't be able to stay. We have been moved to an inferior hotel in a completely different location which is not nearly as nice. I note this is a common complaint and I am sure the 'government delegation' was just today's story! Beware, you will not be moved to an "equal or upgraded" hotel as I'm sure someone from the hotel will comment below in due course. I can only presume this is a great money-making exercise for the hotel - to overbook and then put people in other hotels (for which the hotel will obviously pay a cheaper rate!). This change has completely spoiled our holiday. Please don't risk booking here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Opet12

Miklos Gaál
Buda Castle Fashion Hotel
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My familiy and I are just now at the hotel and could say that it is beyond our expectations. The value-for-money is huge here, especially the space of rooms and happy hour.

• Stayed December 2011