Lion's Garden Hotel
Great 4.5/5
    Hid Hotel(Budapest)
    Hotel Patria(Budapest)
      • Pool
      All reviewscity centrenice hotelspa area isswimming poolhero squarebus stopkeleti railway stationbusiness tripquiet areajust round the cornertransport linksnice roomcomfortable roomsnice breakfasthotel restauranthotel stafffour nights
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 15 June 2014

the best in the hotel was the tall bartender called steve and the receptionist attila and the beautiful o wonderful annette, best service and they were very polite ,-) ..more people like them.. and the guys behind the tall man was very polite as well...

• Stayed: June 2014
      5  Thank BobbyHaddad
      Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was here for a business trip, and really liked the hotel. The food in the restaurant was really good, the breakfasts were nice either. Free wifi also pleased me. What I didn't really like was that anytime I left the room everything within shut down, including air conditioning, so whenever I came back, there was really hot in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
      Reviewed 9 June 2014

great place to stay and friendly people, anna, nicole, barbie.....everybody is friendly, location is great , next to bus station that takes you to the heart of the city. come and stop by at this hotel pool and spa is great,

Room Tip: clean, nice ,
      • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
      2  Thank wixyPrague
      Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel, everything was very nice. My room was with views the Queen of Rosary Church. Everything in the hotel was wonderful and very clean. Breakfast was very tasty and abundant. They have a lovely sauna, pool and jacuzzi in hotel. Hotel was very close City park, Szechenyi Baths and Pool and Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
      1  Thank JaanaXh
      Reviewed 26 May 2014

The first day me and my friend stayed here was pretty pleasant. The staff were nice, the rooms were good (not 4* though), location was a bit out of the way but we got over all these small details. Then we actually went to sleep...HORRID beds, the beds would slant which mean your head ended up lower than your feet so blood was rushing to my head. My friend finally had enough and slept on the sofa. We asked to change rooms and the staff were very accommodating. The new room was better, beds weren't amazing but it was better. The SPA is tiny, the swimming pool is odd, though it's inside, the outside is transparent so everyone outside can see you.

The receptionist was awful, we met two lovely gentlemen and we're having a laugh in the lobby, learning the baracha when we were abruptly told that 'this is a 4* Hotel and we must stop'. The lobby was empty so I couldn't understand whom we were disturbing?

The wifi stop working on the 2nd day, which I wouldn't complain about hadn't the the receptionist been so awfully rude about it.

Location is out of the city centre, if u don't mind bus and metro rides to get around, it's okay. Close to heroes square.

My experience here was very much ruined by that rude man...otherwise it wouldn't have been so bad.

• Stayed: May 2014
      3  Thank Luna C
      Kover_Imre, General Manager at Lion's Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lady,

I was a bit confused about your feedback as you have high expectations about a four start hotel, but in the middle of the night you dance and laugh loud in the lobby, which is opened with the first floor.
      I think it is very contradictory.
      The receptionist asked you on a very polite way to be a bit quieter.
      I am really sorry if he disrupted to get to know the young boys better, who are our returning guests anyway, but he just did his job.

I hope you will come back and visit us next time again.
      Kind regards