“Lovely rooms and great internet!”

7x24 Central Hostel
Ranked #186 of 644 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely rooms and great internet!”
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay in a twin room at 7x24 Hostel. The hostel is more like an apartment with a kitchen, lounge room and spotless bedrooms. We stayed in an attic room up a ladder which had a lovely sloping ceiling, very comfortable beds and ample floor space. The wifi was also perfect which is unusual! Edit was very welcoming and helpful and we enjoyed the benefits of staying in a great area with all the home comforts. Definitely the place to stay in Budapest if you would like somewhere quiet, clean and safe to stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank er4567

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a very nice hostel located in a central area. We had a very nice stay, the hostel is clean, the owner is a very nice person. Apart from a problem to the bathroom door that made noise if someone was closing it, I strongly recommend you this place!

• Stayed September 2012
Finland
Reviewed 24 May 2012

7x24 Central hostel is probably on of the best hostels in Budapest. Without a word of a lie I have to say, that it is better than most hotels where I have been.

Service:

Service is good. If the new desk clerk girl (who is cute...) or owner is not there, you can always phone to the owner. Otherwise all service was really good and common rooms were great. There is television, internet, wifi, coffee, tea, fridge... you name it!

Value:

I give a percent number: 100%!

Sleep quality:

Actually it could be better, because the rooms are quite warm. Although there is air conditioner, so I did not mind about that. Mattress was too soft for my taste: I got some back ache from that, but this is pure a matter of taste.

Cleanliness:

In overall whole hostel is really clean. Perfect!

Location:

Perfect! Everything what you want to see is in walking range. Szimpla kert is in close by and several points of interests are in "close" range. My opinion is, that this is perfect for guys who just want to walk everywhere.

Rooms:

Like I said: rooms are better that some hotels. Really.

In summary: 7x24 Central Hostel is perfect and cheap!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We recently enjoyed a fantastic stay at 7x24. A warm welcome, good location and clean, cosy environment will guarantee a return visit if we find ourselves in Budapest again. I cannot speak highly enough of the facilities and layout of the hostel, not to mention the extremely reasonable price.

The only minor point of annoyance was being told as we were leaving that we would have to pay for a broken standard lamp. No one in the group knew anything about the minor damage, and on closer inspection the thread that held the stem into the base had worn down meaning the lamp was on a slight slant, but still in working order. The damage was clearly a result of long term 'wear and tear', rather than an incident involving our group.

We were told the cleaner had spotted it the day before and had told the management immediately. It would have been good to have been informed straight away that this was an issue, rather than at the end.

Also the amount requested for a replacement was €20 as opposed to the full cost of the lamp which was €25. I said to the manager if we had broken it we would expect and be happy to pay the full amount. €20 was conveniently the amount left by each person as a security deposit and the cynic in me suspects that this lamp is never replaced, its just a way of squeezing out extra cash from groups during the quiet season who don't think to check everything upon arrival.

All in all this incident did not sour a lovely stay, but worth a check of equipment on arrival in case the management do routinely charge guests for damage they haven't caused.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eurotraveller873
7x24CentralHostel, Owner at 7x24 Central Hostel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
They were a few nice young people.
I found the broken nut of the lamp on the ground, while this group was the only guest in the hostel. Then we could not bring it to an upright position, but a wall has been supported.

Obviously someone did not admit that he/she made the injury.

This is not a real problem, of course, welcome them next time!

(All our efforts are working to hold this little hostel clean and pleasant in a very low price.
To illustrate: leave luggage at the airport is 10 EUR/day, one night in the hostel is 12Euro/person. The heating bill in December was 270 EUR.
So we must collect the cost of damage if we don't want a run-down hostel.)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 14 January 2012

It is the best hostel I have stayed out of 11 hostels!
Very nicely decorated you felt like at home. A kitchen with everything necessary to cook your own meals and free coffee, tea and MILK thorough all day.
The room was big and since there was no one in the room across the bathroom was only for us.
We loved the contact cards that serve to operate the elevator and to open the doors.
Really excellent! And it is the middle of Pest so you can go everywhere walking.

Room Tip: I would avoid room 3 because is in front of the living room and it could get a bit noisy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I just stayed three nights at this hostel and it was sad to leave. We arrived after an arduous train trip from Prague and were quite tired. Our host quickly made us feel at home and comfortable with hints and tips about Budapest and a free shot on arrival.

The shower was very good, the communal laundry and kitchen facilities were entirely adequate, the WiFi reached our room and the hole vibe was comfortable and relaxed. When we left I even got a free t shirt!

I cannot recommend this place vehemently enough for the price.

• Stayed September 2011
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The central hostel we stayed in met us in all our needs. The hostel is located in the centre of Budapest and was close to the Metro station. The room itself was furnished with good beds, and, which I valued greatly, there was a proper shower. And even though the hostel is in the middle of a noisy city, it's nicy and quiet inside. Furthermore, every time we got home we could sit in the communal space, which was very comfortable.

Concluding, this hostel was perfect for me and my friends to stay in. And in combination with the reasonable costs I can do nothing but recommend this hostel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends