“Great service and food!”

Kheiron Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #472 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: The Kheiron Restaurant is located in the heart of the city, in 2 minutes walking distance from the famous St. Stephen's Basilica. Our air conditioned property provides an excellent atmospehere for every guests. Our gipsy musicians play excellent traditional music every day, which independently creates the exquisitive atmosphere. Our dear Chef provides excellence in mainly Hungarian, and partly International dishes. Our sommeliers are ready to advise you from our unique wine selection, in order to make your dining experience absolutely an unforgettable event! Join us in the Kheiron Restaurant, and experience the taste of Hungarian hospitality!
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Authentic food, great service with good advice on local cuisine and wine! The food was simple but tasty and reasonably priced.... Location is close to everything

ORM2014, Manager at Kheiron Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice words. We are always happy when we see our guests enjoying themselves. Our dear Chef is also always delighted to hear such nice a feedback as yours. We strive to provide excellence in gastronomy, and hopefully we can greet you again when you are next in Budapest.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a nice dinner here. We decided on it out of desperation, and feeling like we had run out of options in the neighborhood. The chairs were comfortable (no small treat in this town!), and we had a nice spot on the sidewalk. Our meals were tasty and reasonably priced. We had 2 starters, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts as well as 2 bottles of Pellegrino for under 17000 HUF. Not bad.
We were serenaded by a trio of good musicians. While they did try to hawk their CD to another table, they didn't approach us with it. They did as if we had any requests, I assume expecting a tip. We didn't request anything and left shortly thereafter.
All in all, the Kheiron is a good option in a neighborhood near the basilica and the Budapest Eye.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are really happy that you enjoyed the time spent here with us. Quality is our top priority, and I am glad that we could meet your expectations. We look forward to welcome you on another occasion in our restaurant!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

To be honest the food was good but this restaurant is a rip off. First of all, in our bill instead of 3 beers we found 4. The waiter apologized and recalculated the bill. To my surpise the wine the waiter recommended to me was about 12 eur per glass. I know it is my mistake because I didnt even look at the menu as the waiter offered that very fast to me and I could expect him to offer this kind of pricey wine. Unexpectedly I had to pay 45 eur for three glasses of wine. I'm pretty sure that usually waiters offer you inexpensive wine first and if the price is higher than average, they have to warn you about this and show it in the menu. I strongly wouldnt recommend this place.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I strongly regret, that your last visit was not satisfactory in every aspects. I would like to let you know, that we take all your criticism with the utmost seriousness, and we are currently investigating this case. I sincerely hope, that you will give us another chance, when we can host you in our restaurant, when we will be beyond your expectations!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I don't understand why this restaurant is located on so far place. I tried a few other restaurants during my stay in Budapest and this was the best one. Great food and staff, I recommend it as very good place with Hungarian food in reasonable price.

ORM2014, Manager at Kheiron Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice comment. We are really happy that you enjoyed your time in our Restaurant and were very satisfied with the meal you had. Our Chef and his entire team always pay special attention on the quality and presentation of the dishes they prepare. It is our hope that you will return and have more of their delicious creations.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We happened upon this restaurant after an early evening river cruise. Drinks came quickly but it took a little while to order and the meal was slow to arrive... but the food was delicious. My husband and I shared 4 entrees so we could get a good spread of Hungarian food. The roasted sheep cheese was sensational and so was the tokay flavoured goose lever pate. We also had a crab dish that was lovely. The Hungarian antipasta offered some very tasty although salty meats. And dips. The sommelier offered some excellent wine choices and in all it was a moderately priced and lovely night out.. Sitting at a footpath table with warm rugs available to keep out the cool late night air. We would highly recommend.