“Awesome food at a reasonable rate!”

Kheiron Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #451 of 3,346 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: The Kheiron Restaurant is located in the heart of the city, in 2 minutes walking distance from the famous St. Stephen's Basilica. Our air conditioned property provides an excellent atmospehere for every guests. Our gipsy musicians play excellent traditional music every day, which independently creates the exquisitive atmosphere. Our dear Chef provides excellence in mainly Hungarian, and partly International dishes. Our sommeliers are ready to advise you from our unique wine selection, in order to make your dining experience absolutely an unforgettable event! Join us in the Kheiron Restaurant, and experience the taste of Hungarian hospitality!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Found this nice cafe within walking distance and was very satisfied. I had the roasted duck breast and my guest had the rabbit. Both were wonderfully flavored (not too subtle, but definitely not bold). The presentations, as well were beautiful and the sides were paired well with the main entrees. The service was great, as well as the atmosphere being open and not too stuffy (with old antiques, etc...). Everything was also clean. You can sit either outside or in, but if you sit outside, beware of car exhaust and cars driving really close and fast. Overall, this is another wonderful "cafe" in Hungary that is great bargain, especially if you have dollars (US).

ORM2014, Manager at Kheiron Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are really happy that you enjoyed the time spent here with us. Quality is our top priority, and I am glad that we could meet your expectations. We look forward to welcome you on another occasion in the Kheiron Restaurant!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were walking around everywhere trying to find a Restaurant to eat. We decided on this one , as it was handy our hotel, but the service was slow. we almost got up to leave as they seem to be serving everybody else around us. We picked the food although mine was some kind of chicken with a potato scone. The potato scone was a huge deep fried ring with the chicken on top. wasn't what I thought it would be and I am not a fan of deep fried food. The waiter recommended some wine and not being familiar to the Hungarian dollar, we picked a white wine to find out after we got the bill that it was a $47 bottle of wine. I thought it was a $12 bottle. The food was reasonable but make sure you realize how expensive the wine is before ordering. Tip was added on to the bill. I was a bit annoyed over the wine but our mistake for not figuring out the exchange on their money. Would not go back there if we were in town again.

1  Thank BritishColumbiaKathy
ORM2014, Manager at Kheiron Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time, and sharing your feedback. Your experience is very important for us, as we improve our facilities continuously. We take all the feedbacks, either positive or negative, with the utmost seriousness, as it is a very reliable source of improving in services. I regret, that we could not meet your expectations during your last visit, and I wish you gave us another chance to host you in the Kheiron Restaurant!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Authentic food, great service with good advice on local cuisine and wine! The food was simple but tasty and reasonably priced.... Location is close to everything

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice words. We are always happy when we see our guests enjoying themselves. Our dear Chef is also always delighted to hear such nice a feedback as yours. We strive to provide excellence in gastronomy, and hopefully we can greet you again when you are next in Budapest.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a nice dinner here. We decided on it out of desperation, and feeling like we had run out of options in the neighborhood. The chairs were comfortable (no small treat in this town!), and we had a nice spot on the sidewalk. Our meals were tasty and reasonably priced. We had 2 starters, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts as well as 2 bottles of Pellegrino for under 17000 HUF. Not bad.
We were serenaded by a trio of good musicians. While they did try to hawk their CD to another table, they didn't approach us with it. They did as if we had any requests, I assume expecting a tip. We didn't request anything and left shortly thereafter.
All in all, the Kheiron is a good option in a neighborhood near the basilica and the Budapest Eye.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are really happy that you enjoyed the time spent here with us. Quality is our top priority, and I am glad that we could meet your expectations. We look forward to welcome you on another occasion in our restaurant!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

To be honest the food was good but this restaurant is a rip off. First of all, in our bill instead of 3 beers we found 4. The waiter apologized and recalculated the bill. To my surpise the wine the waiter recommended to me was about 12 eur per glass. I know it is my mistake because I didnt even look at the menu as the waiter offered that very fast to me and I could expect him to offer this kind of pricey wine. Unexpectedly I had to pay 45 eur for three glasses of wine. I'm pretty sure that usually waiters offer you inexpensive wine first and if the price is higher than average, they have to warn you about this and show it in the menu. I strongly wouldnt recommend this place.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I strongly regret, that your last visit was not satisfactory in every aspects. I would like to let you know, that we take all your criticism with the utmost seriousness, and we are currently investigating this case. I sincerely hope, that you will give us another chance, when we can host you in our restaurant, when we will be beyond your expectations!