“Loveley Hotel,”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #91 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel was not far from the central tram station, and metro, and about 10 minutes walk to the river Danube, the staff were very helpful, and pleasant, and the well being centre on the 9th floor, had fantastic veiws, and although small, it never seamed over crowded while we were there, rooms and bathrooms, were really nicely decorated. Breakfast was really nice great choice, and good coffee!!! the hotel is great value for what we paid.The only thing I would say is there seams to be a shortage of toilets, and a price to pay, Museaums did not cater well with restrooms at all, and were payable???? but food was very reasonable, and of good quality, if you go to the Humus bar in the Jewish quarter, a falafel was so cheap and very filling, the transport was brilliant, and so easy to get around.
Brilliant city to visit :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belvedere Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed 5 nights from 14th March when it was unusually snowy and cold.Being just 5 minutes walk to the metro,bus and tram station and the large Mammuth mall-with a good food court was a good location for us. We had requested in advance a room at the rear, so it was very quiet. We had problems getting the netbook working with the hotel provided cable, but the person from reception was amazingly helpful and spent about an hour in the room using different cables and routers and getting advice on the phone to get it working. We found the beds very comfortable and slept better than in many other hotels. Room was hot- even without heating on- but I think this may have been caused by overcompensating for very cold and snowy weather outside. Some other reviews had not rated breakfast highly, but we were very impressed with the choice of hot and cold food- and cheesecake a couple of days! A good variety of teas was offered along with several varieties of cereals and yoghurts, and fruit. Only small negative was that clearing and re laying the tables during breakfast was a little slow in the conservatory area. The view from the small pool area on the 9th floor towards the Parliament and the castle area was unique. Some friends are planning to visit Budapest in June and I have recommended the hotel to them without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I travel to Budapest often and have finally found a hotel that meets my needs in a price range that suits my budget. I must stay on the Buda side of Budapest, close to Szell Kalman ter. (formerly Moskva ter.). The Hotel Belvedere is a boutique hotel with tastefully appointed decor, immaculate accommodations, and staff that has been trained to please guests. The breakfast was nicely served in the restaurant that has a glassed-in room open all year. The meal was not elaborate, but was more than adequate and prepared beautifully. (The coffee was hot . . . something that one cannot always count on.) We ate at the restaurant one evening and were very pleased with the meal. It was delicious and like breakfast, prepared beautifully. The hotel advertises that it has free wi-fi in the rooms, but this was my second stay during which I found that the wi-fi did not work in the room. People sat in the small lobby and used their cell phones, computers or tablets instead. The connection was not always good, so at times we had to forego communication we had wanted to conduct. This was a small annoyance and did not change our opinion of the hotel itself. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A corner room is larger.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel on the Buda side with walking distance to the castle district and close to a metro/bus/tram station. It has very nice and modern rooms with stylish bathrooms. However, the beds are slightly hard and have 'rubber' sheets under the normal sheets, which makes you sweat.. We also had some issues with the AC, despite having set it to 21 deg C it was like 23-24 deg. There is only Wifi in the lobby/restaurant. The breakfast was (semi) okay, but nothing extra ordinary. On the top floor there is a pool and sauna with nice view over the city. We we're a bit disappointed it closes at 9 pm though, as we came in cold and wet after a full day out and was longing for a sauna...

Overall it's a fresh hotel though and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We have just returned from Belvedere and I must say it is really a wonderful place. My friend recommended me this name and I was highly impressed with his choice. Excellent services and facilities are provided here at affordable prices. Everything from check in to check out went very smooth. The front desk is very helpful and never delayed or refused for any kind of service. Room was very quiet, well designed and spacious. I will surely come here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was in Budapest for eight days on a business trip at the end of January 2013. I stayed five nights at the Belvedere Hotel and I found it welcoming and homely.

On entering the hotel the reception consisted of small desk where the receptionist took my details very quickly and gave me the key to my room 304. Although I was on my own and paid single supplement I had a double bed with bath and shower. The room also had WI-fi connection.

It was a medium size comfortable room and the price included a buffet breakfast which was simple but nice.

Although the hotel is on a main road and about ten to fifteen minutes into the heart of Budapest, the room I was in was quiet.

I had to spend one night away from the hotel, but when I returned they put me into room 307. This room had no bath or Wi-fi connection only a shower. I asked to be put back to my original room and the receptionist duly obliged.

On my day of departure the check out time was 11am, but my plane did not depart until 20.45 that night. I asked if I could stay in my room until my flight time and I was prepared to pay an extra supplement, but the management said I could stay in my room free of charge.

I find these simple acts of kindness more important than posh upmarket hotels that charge for every little extra they can lay their hands on.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: Ask receptionist for your preferences, for example if you want a bath, Wi-fi in your room etc:
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LondonCockney
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed over New Year as this was the cheapest decent looking place we could find that was central. The room was good, nice sized and quiet despite the trams and cars on the road outside. We had a balcony with a view of Castle Hill and south Buda but it was freezing outside. The pool on the top floor is tiny but has a current to swim against and awesome views, also a sauna. Breakfast was average, nice cold stuff and some eggs. Close to the metro line and a tram outside the hotel takes you to south Buda for a good walk back via the sights. There are good pubs and proper Hungarian restaurants nearby but the old town is a short walk uphill if you prefer tourist places.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple