It is really as nice as expected from the reviews on tripadvisor!
As other travellers said the hotel's staff is more competent than the waiters at the café but alll in all if you have a bit of patience and good spirit it all works well.
And the bathroom was surely not the best I have seen.
The big plus for me was that the hotel has a very european allure to it and while staying there you feel as if you would sit in Paris or in Spain!
For my part I did not like the fact that it was so stylish and "franchising-like" with its own graphics all over the place, gold on the stairs and single flowers with thank you cards on the side and the well elaborated menu...I am sure it would look as good without all the small details. But I guess it is a marketing thing that most people love and appreciated.
The woman at the reception was surely one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. We stayed one night only and she treated us like old guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMS. There are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feeling, including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you'll be part of the vibrant life of a downtown café. Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest