My wife and I spent three nights at the height of Budapest's summer this year. It was our first visit to this enchanting city, and in our lengthy walks could not find any hotel that might match this one in character and location. We were initially given an attic room but paid for the supplement for a larger room with windows overlooking the square.
It is quiet, set in a beautiful late 19th century building, with friendly staff. The restaurant is outstanding. We had supper there twice, in addition to breakfast (included in the price) which was also excellent.
The only problem we faced was that the air conditioning failed during a very hot spell. I much prefer electric fans to air con and believe that these should be standard supply in all rooms, especially in cities where temperatures can rise so much. It was only when we asked for it that we were given one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMS. There are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feeling, including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you'll be part of the vibrant life of a downtown café. Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest