The Gerloczy Cafe and Rooms de Lux in Budapest was a pleasant and welcoming little hotel. A few blocks from the Danube and within walking distance from the great market and Gellert Spa I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from the Holiday Inn type experience. The rooms are quiet, the windows are huge and the hotel is located on a side street so you barely hear any street traffic. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help with directions and restaurant suggestions. ( you will have a hard time finding a better place to eat in Budapest than the Gerloczy Cafe which features a jazz, pop harpist and Hungarian cuisine with a French twist ) The room rates are medium and they include breakfast at the Cafe. I hope to visit the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMS. There are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feeling, including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you'll be part of the vibrant life of a downtown café. Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest