We stayed 7 nights at the Gerloczy Rooms de Lux for our Thanksgiving holiday week. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The complimentary mini bar was a welcome treat after a day of sightseeing. Free WiFi was an extra bonus. We were pleasantly surprised to have wonderfully hot showers each morning which is not always the case in small European hotels. The staff was courteous and helpful with our questions.
We enjoyed breakfast in the Cafe each morning. The food was well prepared and tasty. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. My only complaint is the 12Euros per person breakfast charge which is a mandatory charge to your hotel bill. Between the two of us we rarely ate more than 16 Euros of breakfast. I think the breakfast charge should be adjusted downward as the food is not expensive.
We would definitely stay at Gerlocy Rooms de Lux again. It was easy walking distance to all the major downtown sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMS. There are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feeling, including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you'll be part of the vibrant life of a downtown café. Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest