“Perfect”

Central Backpack King
Ranked #83 of 677 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We went there for NYE and we were all surprised by the welcoming atmosphere of this hostel. It's clean, we had a private room at the second floor for our group. Good service and nice decoration. Felt like home !
The location is just perfect in downtown Budapest where everything is around !

We will come back !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hostel was the best I have ever stayed at. It is a little sketchy when you are first walking into the building and finding the hostel, but as soon as you walk in the door, settle in, and communicate with the staff you realize you have hit the jackpot! CBK is very centrally located on a strip of fantastic restaurants (definitely hit up Soup Culture) and within walking distance to anywhere you want to see. I have never met such a friendly and welcoming staff. The perks of the hostel are really nice (free towels, coffee, tea, a nice kitchen... their hairdryer could be slightly more functional but its forgivable) and they give great advice on where to eat or go out. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Budapest. Everyone was so nice and I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed for 4 nights for a cheap weekend break with a friend in a private room. Fairly basic but we couldn't have asked for more and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the other guests were a good crowd and it's a nice walk to the ruin bars. There's an awesome middle eastern restaurant next door too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

As a large group, we felt quite comfortable in a friendly and colourful atmosphere, we could cook our meals in the kitchen, had wifi everywhere in the hostel and went on foot to see most of the attractions of the city. River was two streets away and Saint Istvan Basilica was just 5 min on foot. If i go Budapest again i would definitely stay in the same hostel.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

There are cheaper places in Budapest if you're truly that thrifty. But I, for one, believes anything below a certain level is either a horrible "You get what you pay for" lesson or a scam. Both of which, I do not wish to experience on a holiday. The price is affordable enough for my measly student budget, and I got more than I wished for at that price range. The best thing is I am incredibly picky about the performance of a hostel and I was not disappointed. The staff was very courteous and the only complain I had was that the kitchen itself had a curfew (What?!). We could only use the kitchen from 7am to 10pm. I thought that was odd, but definitely not a deal-breaker. Would recommend to anyone on a tight budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in their studio apartment for 4 nights. It was spacious,clean and has its own kitchenware. It was also located in a convenient location.
We will probably stay there next time when we visited budapest.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had a really great experience - friendly staff, free tea and coffee, excellent location, clean facilities, nice sense of community. Definitely would recommend to other budget travelers. My only complaint was they forgot to mention the special Easter prices for the weekend I was there. Make sure to double check the prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends