“Great B&B”

Evergreen Bed and Breakfast Budapest
Ranked #12 of 191 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here September 2013. The owner was very nice, and the breakfast was great, meats and cheeses and fresh bread. The room was beautiful, and very spacious. I guess the only drawbacks were the parking and the walk up to the 2nd floor. Since we drove a rental car through Europe, we had planned on parking in the controlled lot recommended by the Evergreen. That lot was actually being paved the day we were there, so that didn't work out. Street parking would have been tricky, since it is watched VERY closely by the meter people. We lucked out we got there on a Friday, because the meters aren't monitored after 5 or 6 on Friday until Monday, and that's just when we were there. The owner did tell us this, so that was great, and we had no problems. The walk up was two big flights, and wouldn't have been a huge deal, but we had my Mom and Dad with us, both 70+ old. They were troopers though, and we did know about this ahead of time. Overall, a great stay, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently stayed at Evergreen Guest Rooms a total of four nights. Everything connected with our stay was excellent - spacious room, very comfortable beds, in-room fridge and very good/ substantial breakfast. The hosts were very accommodating to our needs; inquiring about what our plans for Budapest were and were more than happy to arrange for hop-on/hop-off tour tickets (an excellent way of seeing the many Budapest sites), concerts, spa tickets, arrange for taxi, recommend nearby restaurants. This added service enhanced the overall enjoyment of our stay in Budapest. This facility is very convenient to transit (metro and tram) and a major shopping centre. The Parliament Buildings are very close as well. I would definitely recommend Evergreen Guest Rooms to others. The value is exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was worried when I get out of the taxi and stood in front of the building where the hotel is situated. But when I came in – I was very pleasantly surprised how nice it is and well equipped and very clean. The rooms are like somewhere in a chateau. And the owner is very helpful, speaks very nice English, and even though I have to leave early in the morning and would miss the breakfast – he arranged sandwiches for me the day before...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at the Evergreen for 2 nights then came back again for 3 nights before our trip back to California. This B& B is very close walking distance to Margerit Island and Parliment as well as shops and restaurants. The metro is very close is u choose not to walk..Everything the other viewers have said is absolutely true. Suzanne is very happy to help you with anything you need.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JoAnnandGlenn
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My friend and i stayed for 4 nights.The room was large and very clean.The breakfast provided a lovely selection and we felt at home.We could get tickets for trips out and the owners were very helpful with any enquiries. Great central location for sightseeing and restaurants.Overall we would definitely recommend Evergreen to anyone staying in Budapest.Great owners,thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over new years 2012, and we had a very good stay. George and Suzette were so great! George and I had been corresponding via email and I asked him lots of questions about Budapest and he was always more than happy to answer me. He even sent details on a few different ways to get to Evergreen from the airport, which I have never got from any other hotel/B&B in my years of travelling. So you really do feel valued as a guest at this B&B, and they do go out of their way to help you! It was bitterly cold in Budapest at that time, and it was so nice to go into the B&B which was so lovely and warm. Our room was very big and clean (a lot bigger than most B&B rooms). Only issue I had was with the pillow, it was not very comfortable but otherwise everything was great. Breakfast in the morning was basic but good. My boyfriend and I enjoyed countless cups of coffee from Suzette! The B&B is located in a less touristy part of Budapest, but still very central. It was not a far walk to the tram and train station. George and Suzette were also always happy to help recommend places to go. Their english is very good, which was nice because most places in Budapest that we went to we struggled to communicate with the people. I would definately recommend this B&B to everyone and anyone going to Budapest. It's good value for money and you really will feel as if you are at home. Thank you George and Suzette for making our stay in Budapest so wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com