“Great value”

Hotel Castle Garden
Ranked #43 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Location by the castle is excellent. Property is new (2008), rooms are nice size, LOVE the balcony, breakfast was very good and was included with my room. Expresso available in lobby during tea time and hot pot with tea in room. We were generally pleased with the staff, the hotel, and location (near a bus stop for access to rest of Budapest and close to Castle). The restaurant terrace is very nice also. Room has a hair dryer- not to be taken for granted in most of Europe. The only minor draw backs that I noticed were no coffee in-room (only tea) and only one small pillow per guest. I'd highly recommend this property. (I'm not certain there is air conditioning, but we didn't need air, temperature in Budapest was LOVELY.) Everyone on staff spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: The balcony was worth the up-grade expense, complimentary expresso and other beverages is available...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear ’Char J’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your lovely review you wrote us regarding your recent stay in our Hotel Castle Garden. I am glad to hear we could meet your expectations and you were satisfied with our services, facilities and quiet location. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in one of our nice superior rooms for a city break in summer.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had a lovely stay here. The hotel was just what we wanted - lovely quiet location in the Buda side of the city really close to the beautiful castle, Bastion and many picturesque streets and buildings. Food was good and staff friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leeepeee

Dear ‘Leeepeee’,
Thank you very much for your kind review you posted about your recent stay in our hotel. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed our location and the wonderful sights here around the corner in the castle district. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in Budapest for your next trip!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is right next to the castle, so for tourists is great. Simple but clean room, bathroom as well.
Also near the Mammut Shopping Mall.
We had a car of our own, so it was easy to reach Pesta as well. But without a car, you will be able to find taxi; all cabs have pos for paying with credit card.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear ’Dorina D’,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your last stay in our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and our location near to the historical castle district! If your travel plans bring you back to Budapest we would be happy to welcome your back in our Hotel Castle Garden.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Castle Garden for 3 nights and had a fantastic break!

Rooms were spotless and cleaned every day, and the staff at the front desk are extremely helpful, there is also a wellness spa on site which we were given for less than £10 for both of us to use which includes a hot tub and sauna, both excellent and clean

The restaurant on site is a hidden gem and includes a fantastic sun terrace for enjoying those sunny days. We had 1 afternoon where we took in 2 bottles of wine and just watched the sun go down. The menu is excellent, lasagne comes thoroughly recommended and you get a 15% discount for staying in the hotel and a further 5% for paying in cash!

Location - this is not in the heart of the bars and hustle of Pest and there lies the charm of this place, it's in a perfect neighbourhood right near the castle (within a 10 minute walk) and Fishermans Bastion

Recommend to all looking for a clean, quiet and value for money hotel in Buda. No problems here and look forward to going back in the near future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidAmySwindon

Dear ’DavidAmySwindon’,
Thank you very much for your overall positive review you shared with the travelling community. I am proud to hear our friendly staff could help you to make your stay memorable and you enjoyed our services such as our little wellness area. It is nice to read you loved the delicious food served in the Riso Restaurant and you could enjoy also the nice weather and your dinner or lunch on the terrace! On behalf of our staff I would like to thank you again for your kind review and we would be happy to welcoming you or your friends back in our hotel soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very nice hotel, cosy rooms, but a little bit small.

Excellent food at the restaurant! Deserts are fabulous! The food is not very expensive, but you must eat there!

Helpful staff! They told me that the parking across the hotel is free during weekend.

Room Tip: In weekend parking is free across the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear ’CosminK’,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay in our Hotel Castle Garden. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you liked the Riso Restaurant next door. Our helpful staff and I would be happy to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Me & my boyfriend ( both 23 ) went to Budapest on the 28th February-3rd march 2014 and extremely enjoyed our stay! Hotel castle garden was fantastic! Clean, friendly helpful staff and good on site facilities! Everything we needed for a short break away! We stayed in the panorama room on the 3rd floor which was great! Fab view! Clean modern bathroom which didn't include a bath but this was the least of our worries! The reception staff were very friendly and extremely helpful in showing us where the best places to go we're and how we should get there! The castle grounds are seconds from the hotel and it was a lovely walk through to the main castle. Transport is excellent! We got a travel card each which covers trams tube and buses everywhere. I can't remember the exact price but very cheap and handy! The hotel is a 3 min walk from one of the main metro stations which is perfect if your wanting to stay out past midnight as you can get back all through the night! If you love food and drink you HAVE to go to The Trofea Grill ( all you can eat and drink - even champagne!) The hotel had a very pleasant restaurant and very basic wellness center. Just a jacuzzi and sauna but because it was quiet we had it to ourself which was nice! I would highly recommend castle gardens to anyone I know. Especially couples! I would definitely stay here again if travelling back to Budapest! The city is beautiful and there is plenty to do! Overall I give the trip 10/10

Room Tip: I recommend the panorama room for couples. The top floor all to yourself with a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ’Kerrie R’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your kind and detailed review. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our superior rooms, namely the Panorama Room. I am really pleased to hear you not only liked the beautiful view from the terrace but you were also satisfied with our services, our helpful and efficient staff and the location of our Hotel Castle Garden. I am also happy to hear our small but nice wellness area found you well and that you would recommend us to your friends. We would appreciate if we could welcome you back in our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The situation is perfect, at the feet of the castle walls. Rooms are nice, clean and tidy. Regular price tag is a little high, but you can book online with excellent offers. I has good transport connections. Bus 16 stops right at the door and metro station 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciroco M

Dear ’Ciroco M’,
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to read we could meet your expectations and you were satisfied with our rooms and our location. I am happy to hear you could reach everything easily thanks to the good connections to public transports. We hope we can welcoming you soon again in our Hotel Castle Garden!