“Excellent location for Castle Area of Buda”

Hotel Castle Garden
Ranked #43 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent location for Castle Area of Buda”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here with my wife for a short break in Budapest. The hotel is very comfortable and quite modern. It is a short walk to the Castle and the attractions in that area. The package was very reasonable. Whilst I can identify some shortcomings they are minor in reality, for instance there was kettle and some tea but no instant coffee (but that is probably more a reflection on the fact that it is only Brits who drink instant coffee and hence it is not provided.) The wifi in our room (202) did not work very well whilst it worked fine elsewhere. The restaurant though in the same building appears to be run by a different organisation and they shut the bar at 11.00 pm, which is a bit of a pain if you fancy a night cap as there are no alternative bars or restaurants near by.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear ‘Bob B’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your review. I love to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and the attractions in the castle area reachable within a short walk from our location. You are right; the restaurant is managed by a different person, so unfortunately they close earlier than a hotel restaurant/bar normally does. I apologize also for the problem with the wifi connection, I hope it did not cause you too much trouble, we are working already on this issue. It would be a pleasure to welcoming you back though in our Hotel Castle Garden and I promise we will give you some directions to lovely bars and restaurants worth to visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here recently en route to Lake Balaton.
The room rate was excellent as all we needed was somewhere to stay near Deli station.
The service was first class and the room immaculate and comfortable.
The staff were first class even when dealing with an awkward Custer ahead of us at checkout
We ate in the restaurant as we were too tired to venture out and it was excellent value for money.
(Subject of seperate review )

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ‘Karen M’,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay in Budapest. I am delighted to read you found our staff professional and efficient at all points. I hope you enjoyed your stay also at Lake Balaton and we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, maybe for a longer stay in our beautiful Budapest.
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had the pleasure to stay here for two weeks for work. Everyone was friendly, whilst maintaining professional standards. The location next to the castle is good. The restaurant has some nice food if you don't have time to go out for dinner. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dera ‘Kearon M’,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and our efficient staff could help you. I truly hope we can welcome you back next time if your travel plans bring your back to Budapest again.
Sendai-shi, Miyagi, Japan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is located near the Castle Hill. It was easy to go to any famous places in Budapest. We stayed there for about a week. We enjoyed everything in Hungary. The atomosphere and all the staff were nice. If you want to do sightseeing in Budapest, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chiroru5
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear ’Chiroru5’,
First let me kindly thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our historical, quiet location from where you can still reach easily the city center. We woud be happy to welcoming you or your friends and relatives in our Hotel Castle Garden for your next trip to Hungary.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Location by the castle is excellent. Property is new (2008), rooms are nice size, LOVE the balcony, breakfast was very good and was included with my room. Expresso available in lobby during tea time and hot pot with tea in room. We were generally pleased with the staff, the hotel, and location (near a bus stop for access to rest of Budapest and close to Castle). The restaurant terrace is very nice also. Room has a hair dryer- not to be taken for granted in most of Europe. The only minor draw backs that I noticed were no coffee in-room (only tea) and only one small pillow per guest. I'd highly recommend this property. (I'm not certain there is air conditioning, but we didn't need air, temperature in Budapest was LOVELY.) Everyone on staff spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: The balcony was worth the up-grade expense, complimentary expresso and other beverages is available...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ’Char J’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your lovely review you wrote us regarding your recent stay in our Hotel Castle Garden. I am glad to hear we could meet your expectations and you were satisfied with our services, facilities and quiet location. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in one of our nice superior rooms for a city break in summer.
cirencester
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had a lovely stay here. The hotel was just what we wanted - lovely quiet location in the Buda side of the city really close to the beautiful castle, Bastion and many picturesque streets and buildings. Food was good and staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leeepeee
Dear ‘Leeepeee’,
Thank you very much for your kind review you posted about your recent stay in our hotel. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed our location and the wonderful sights here around the corner in the castle district. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in Budapest for your next trip!
Anavyssos, Greece
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is right next to the castle, so for tourists is great. Simple but clean room, bathroom as well.
Also near the Mammut Shopping Mall.
We had a car of our own, so it was easy to reach Pesta as well. But without a car, you will be able to find taxi; all cabs have pos for paying with credit card.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear ’Dorina D’,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your last stay in our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and our location near to the historical castle district! If your travel plans bring you back to Budapest we would be happy to welcome your back in our Hotel Castle Garden.