“A Superb Hotel”

Hotel Castle Garden
Ranked #38 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A great little hotel in an excellent location (literally next to the Castle District (Buda). Rooms modern, comfortable and clean. Free tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc during the day. Great staff.
Overall, little to be negative about.Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear ‘533_John_C533’,
Thank you very much for your throughout positive review. My colleagues and I are pleased to read you enjoyed our lovely location and our helpful staff. We are happy to hear you would recommend us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in Budapest!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here, with friends, for 4 days over the Easter weekend. The hotel has a great location in Buda and it is only a short walk to the major attractions nearby . Room was very clean, well equipped and comfortable ( no coffee in the room though unfortunately but we just bought some at the local shop). Bathroom good with lots of hot water. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only disappointment was that the breakfast , which although sufficient, was not as varied as other hotels with limited choices and far too salty - even in the scrambled eggs. Unfortunately too much added salt seems to be very popular in Hungary !!
However we would certainly highly recommend the hotel and had a very pleasant stay - the restaurant meal in evenings were also very good at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear ‘MJH22’,
Thank you very much for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in Budapest and our location near to the historical sights of the Buda side. I apologize we could not meet your expectation regarding our breakfast offer, but we hope though we can welcome you back soon in our Hotel Castle Garden to convince you of our services.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here after a gruelling bike ride from Vienna along the Danube Cycle Path. It was great to have a really hot bath, as most of the places we'd stayed in along the way only had showers. [Even though we'd had spa treatments, we really needed a hot(ter) bath after cycling 70Km.] The staff were really friendly and very helpful. The price is very reasonable. We had hoped for a City view, but maybe next time......I've been in Budapest twice before and it really is very well located in terms of access and views over Pest.

Room Tip: You have to pay extra to get a city view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Tosca15’,
First of all let me thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you could relax in our hotel thanks to our quiet location and the bathtub in the room. We are totally sorry we could not provide you a room with city view to make your stay even better. If your plans bring you back to Budapest again please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can meet your wishes and special requests.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here with my wife for a short break in Budapest. The hotel is very comfortable and quite modern. It is a short walk to the Castle and the attractions in that area. The package was very reasonable. Whilst I can identify some shortcomings they are minor in reality, for instance there was kettle and some tea but no instant coffee (but that is probably more a reflection on the fact that it is only Brits who drink instant coffee and hence it is not provided.) The wifi in our room (202) did not work very well whilst it worked fine elsewhere. The restaurant though in the same building appears to be run by a different organisation and they shut the bar at 11.00 pm, which is a bit of a pain if you fancy a night cap as there are no alternative bars or restaurants near by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Bob B’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your review. I love to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and the attractions in the castle area reachable within a short walk from our location. You are right; the restaurant is managed by a different person, so unfortunately they close earlier than a hotel restaurant/bar normally does. I apologize also for the problem with the wifi connection, I hope it did not cause you too much trouble, we are working already on this issue. It would be a pleasure to welcoming you back though in our Hotel Castle Garden and I promise we will give you some directions to lovely bars and restaurants worth to visit!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here recently en route to Lake Balaton.
The room rate was excellent as all we needed was somewhere to stay near Deli station.
The service was first class and the room immaculate and comfortable.
The staff were first class even when dealing with an awkward Custer ahead of us at checkout
We ate in the restaurant as we were too tired to venture out and it was excellent value for money.
(Subject of seperate review )

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Karen M’,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay in Budapest. I am delighted to read you found our staff professional and efficient at all points. I hope you enjoyed your stay also at Lake Balaton and we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, maybe for a longer stay in our beautiful Budapest.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had the pleasure to stay here for two weeks for work. Everyone was friendly, whilst maintaining professional standards. The location next to the castle is good. The restaurant has some nice food if you don't have time to go out for dinner. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dera ‘Kearon M’,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and our efficient staff could help you. I truly hope we can welcome you back next time if your travel plans bring your back to Budapest again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is located near the Castle Hill. It was easy to go to any famous places in Budapest. We stayed there for about a week. We enjoyed everything in Hungary. The atomosphere and all the staff were nice. If you want to do sightseeing in Budapest, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chiroru5
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear ’Chiroru5’,
First let me kindly thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our historical, quiet location from where you can still reach easily the city center. We woud be happy to welcoming you or your friends and relatives in our Hotel Castle Garden for your next trip to Hungary.