“Magical!!!”

Hotel Castle Garden
Ranked #37 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel Castel Garden is a wonderful place to stay. I do not know if it's nicer hotel or restaurant where you feel like home. During breakfast you have the impression that you've come to Grandma's house with all of your relatives from all over the world. Magical!!!
Position of the hotel next to the Buda Castle is absolutely perfect for the green and very quiet environment.
The rooms are arranged with taste, the bathroom of a very high quality and expensive materials and terraces ideal for a beautiful nights and vine of a house.
The underground garage is a special privilege of the hotel.
Riso restaurant offers wonderful local and European dishes. Hotel guests have a special discount at the restaurant. When you try goulash, pasta, fish and pizza, you will not want to eat elsewhere.
The hotel is suitable for all ages - young couples, couples with children, couples without children, the elderly ...
We used our car, but friendly staff will get you all information about credit cards for transport which you can use with a variety of discounts to visit the city. Everything is available at the reception.
When we return to Budapest, we will definitely choose Hotel Castel Garden, since the first association for staying there is hedonism the hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear ‘Dusica P’,
First and foremost let me kindly thank you for your enthusiastic and positive review. I am really proud to hear you would describe our hotel with the word ‘magical’. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in our lovely cozy hotel and our front desk employees could help you with reservations, program offers and directions as well. My team and I would be really happy to have the chance to welcoming you back soon in our Hotel Castle Garden****.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hotel is located right next to Buda Castle, and at walking distance from Pest side (if needed bus stop just 2 min walking distance). The staff is excellent, and is always available. Rooms are clean and comfortable, although the pillows are terrible. Breakfast is good, however if you run late, you might not get much (we stayed for 6 night and in the last 2 days there was some shortage in breakfast). Still, totally recommended and good value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pedro M

Dear ‘Pedro M’,
Thank you very much for your review posted here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear the ladies at the front desk could help you by answering your questions and that you could take advantage of our 24 hour reception service. I really regret to hear that you found our pillows not comfortable enough and you were not 100% satisfied with our breakfast offer but I can assure you that if we get the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future we will give our best to meet your expectations!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a lovely week in this hotel. It is a small hotel with a restaurant (not owned by the hotel) where we were able to have a delightful buffet breakfast included in our room price. We had a second floor corner room over looking the terrace restaurant, a lovely view. It was a tad noisy hearing sounds from the restaurant when the window was open, but this did not bother us. The room was of moderate size, clean and cozy. The bathroom modern and rather large. Hotel service was good. We did not use the spa or sauna, which cost 5 Euro per person. The highlight was having the lovely restaurant which provided great service. We were too tired to go out to eat one evening so my husband decided to go down and order a take out pizza. He returned our room to wait and the pizza was delivered to us piping hot on wooden trays! It was delicious and we were very grateful for the service.

Highly recommend this hotel. It is just below the castle on the Buda side in a very quiet area and situated just a few meters from a bus stop.

Room Tip: Second floor on the corner was our wonderful room. 408.

Dear ‘AnnaMarta’,
Let me kindly thank you for your lovely review and the photos you have uploaded. I am truly pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay in our cozy hotel. I am glad we could help with our services to make your stay something special and comfortable so you could throughout enjoy the week you have spent in Budapest. We would really appreciate to have the opportunity to welcoming you back some day in the near future!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is in a wonderful position, just outside the castle walls, very romantic especially in the evening. The staff is super, they even contacted me by mail before the trip to ask if I wanted any suggestions for what to visit in Budapest.
The room was nice, everything was very clean. Rooms are not noisy at all.
Totally recommended.
Only minus point is that it is on top of a small hill so you need to walk uphill to reach it, especially from the metro station which is at the base of the hill. We also had a pram with our child to push and it was quite a workout every time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Davanita

Dear ‘Davanita’,
First and foremost let me kindly thank you for your fantastic review. I am really happy you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Castle Garden****. I am really proud of the ladies at the front desk as well as of our housekeeping team that they could make your stay so comfortable and we could meet your expectations! We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Budapest.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked this prior to no knowledge where in relation everything was, we seen good reviews and planned it anyway. Budapest as a whole is beautiful and am sure many would agree its nice whatever district you stay.

The room was nice enough, wasn't happy about the hair found in the bath.

Location wise, for us we spent more in Pest than in Buda and next time will book a room in pest. But in reality you are centre of buda's main attractions. I question some views that it's all walkable, and we used taxis frequently. Everything is a taxi ride from here.

The breakfast was fairly average to be honest and in 4 star hotels I would expect a more extensive range and more variety.

Free wifi is always welcome and the staff on the desk were attentive.

In hindsight for us we didn't properly understand it's proximity to the pest attractions, so I would suggest researching your preferred locations of interest be before booking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear ‘Mrbozzman’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our charming Budapest, even you expected more from our location. As you mentioned there is more going on on the Pest side (more restaurants, nightlife and tourists), while on the Buda side you can escape the noise and bustle and enjoy a lovely quiet location. Of course picking the right location depends mostly on your plans during your stay, but even from the castle area you can reach the city center within a 30 minute walk or 15 minutes with public transportation. We truly hope we can welcome you back in our Hotel Castle Garden soon so our helpful staff can give you more directions regarding the easiest and fastest ways to the Pest side.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

A great little hotel in an excellent location (literally next to the Castle District (Buda). Rooms modern, comfortable and clean. Free tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc during the day. Great staff.
Overall, little to be negative about.Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear ‘533_John_C533’,
Thank you very much for your throughout positive review. My colleagues and I are pleased to read you enjoyed our lovely location and our helpful staff. We are happy to hear you would recommend us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in Budapest!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here, with friends, for 4 days over the Easter weekend. The hotel has a great location in Buda and it is only a short walk to the major attractions nearby . Room was very clean, well equipped and comfortable ( no coffee in the room though unfortunately but we just bought some at the local shop). Bathroom good with lots of hot water. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only disappointment was that the breakfast , which although sufficient, was not as varied as other hotels with limited choices and far too salty - even in the scrambled eggs. Unfortunately too much added salt seems to be very popular in Hungary !!
However we would certainly highly recommend the hotel and had a very pleasant stay - the restaurant meal in evenings were also very good at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear ‘MJH22’,
Thank you very much for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in Budapest and our location near to the historical sights of the Buda side. I apologize we could not meet your expectation regarding our breakfast offer, but we hope though we can welcome you back soon in our Hotel Castle Garden to convince you of our services.