“Great place at a reasonable price”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Palazzo Zicky was a real treat. The hotel was a blend of the old world and the ultra-modern. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful and the breakfast was great with fresh grapefruit juice. It was very well located for siteseeing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear „mzltov”,

Let me thank you for staying with us in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, it was our pleasure to host you whilst visiting Budapest. We highly appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff, our breakfast and the location of the hotel. Thank you very much for your positive comment left on TripAdvisor and we hope we will have the possibility to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Hotel Palazzo Zichy is a wonderful hotel and we enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet and yet close to the metro so its easy to get to the center of the city... without having to hire a taxi or do a ton of walking as mentioned in another review. Our room was quite comfortable and the breakfast was great. The breakfast room did get a bit cramped in the morning but the staff did a great job making sure the food was fresh and replaced in time. The only drawback to this hotel was that the walls are paper thin. I had a massage in a different room and halfway through a group of people came into their room next door. I could almost hear every word of their conversation and their shoes clicking as they walked in the room. Luckily we had no one staying in the room next to us so this wasn´t a problem but I do think it would have bothered me had we had "neighbors" during our stay.

1  Thank Alyssa K

Dear „Alyssa K”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a positive comment on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us.
Your kind comments and compliments regarding our location are highly appreciated. I was also happy to read that you had overall a pleasant stay with us.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

If I had to do over, I would have probably selected a hotel closer to the Danube. The location was a bit off the beaten path. Some nights we got a bit lost plus the choice of restaurants in the area is not the best. If you stay here be prepared to do alot of walking or hire a taxi frequently. The nightime bartender was awesome! He even opened the elevator for me one night and even pushed the buttons. My hands were full with dinner "take away" to be eaten up in our room. I wish the hotel had a restaurant, from what I could tell, they just served breakfast. The breakfast was very good!

Room Tip: The junior suite was a very nice room with numerous, large windows!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlsrlj

Dear „rlsrlj”,

First and foremost let me thank you for your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was especially glad to see that our bartender provided an exceptional service throughout your stay.
However I was sorry to read that the location of our hotel did not meet your expectations, I truly hope that despite of this you had a pleasant citybreak in Budapest!
Let me thank you again for sharing your experience with the travelling community.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Upon making the reservations, I requested for specific things and upon check-in, the front desk addressed them accurately. I was impressed with this service since not too many hotels take note and take action of the the specific requests. Check-in and check out was a breeze. I requested for a late check-out and they accommodated as much as they could. Even if there was only one person at the front desk at times, we were always attended to immediately in a pleasant manner. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is in a central but on a quiet street just across a small park and a church. The metro was 10 mins away. The Danube was about 25 mins away and the shopping mall was 10 mins away. The Hungarian Market Hall was also close by. The location was ideal and peaceful. The rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated. If you are use to more than one pillow, you should request more from the front desk. The breakfast room was a bit tight in the mornings but the food was sufficient in variety. During peak hours, it was cramped and busy. In the afternoons, the hotel offered some drinks, like juices, coffee, etc up to 5pm. This hotel is in the Pest side with an an easy access to the tourist buses and trolleys. The hotel lead to a pretty pedestrian street that was lined with cafes, restaurants, small shops and convenience stores and liquor shops too. The exterior and interior of the lobby was appealing - it had the right mix of the old and the modern European architecture.
The train station was a 10 min taxi ride and the airport was a 25 min taxi ride. Best to book the taxis with the front desk. They give you a flat and reasonable rate. Metro tickets can be bought at the front desk too. When asking for directions, the staff were consistently helpful and ready with a map to give you. The hotel offers spa treatments from an outside spa. I requested for a massage and the masseuse came to our room with his table. It was a very relaxing experience and reasonable at that. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: There is a mezzanine room which had an easy access to the lobby. The size was good and comfortable f...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear „melgede”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words. Let me also thank you for your useful and detailed comment about our hotel and the location furthermore for your advices that will definitely help to other travellers.
I am delighted to read that our staff could be at your assistance even prior to your arrival with noting and accommodating your special requests.
Your patronage is highly appreciated. It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was the best hotel we have stayed in. The Reception staff are so cheerful and welcoming. The quality of the decor is first rate. Daily room service leaves the rooms immaculate. We loved the choices at breakfast and a plus is the availability of free drinks all day. We ate in the evenings at pavement cafes and bars nearby which were excellent value. It was a short ride from the Hop on Hop off buses which are ideal for sightseeing. We left our luggage on the final day until our evening taxi transfer and it was kept securely by very helpful staff. We would recommend this hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the lift.
1  Thank Barbara H

Dear „Barbara H”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your recent stay in Budapest. I was delighted to see that our hotel met or even excedeed your expectations. Let me thank you again for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the travelling community. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy! It would be my pleasure to assist you with future bookings.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We loved our stay at the Palazzon Zichy. The staff could not do enough for us and the accomodation was terrific. Breakfast in the morning was in a light airy room and lacked for nothing!!!
My only negative comment would be that it would have been nicer to be closer to the city centre but the plus side of that it was very quiet for sleeping. Oh, and the black out curtains were unreal!! Buying them at home.

Dear „stevejojo”,

First and foremost let me thank you for taking your time to leave a positive comment about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was happy to read that you recognized our staff’s professionalism and we could be at your assistance to make your stay more pleasant with us. I was also glad that you liked our black out curtains. We would be glad to have the opportunity to hosting you again should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We just spent 3 nights at Palazzo Zichy. I was attracted to it as it seemed to combine stylish modern interiors with old architecture and wasn't disapointed: the hotel looks great. Breakfast was plentiful and kept being replenished, even at the end of service. The room itself wasn't large but stylish and comfortable. Reception staff were very helpful in giving us directions, recommending nearby restaurants and selecting which baths to go to (Szechenyi was their recommendation and it was great!). I would recommend it to anyone.

Dear „ValerieTrips”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to share your experiences with the travelling community.
I was truly happy to read that our hotel and also our staff met or even exceeded your expectations and we could be at your assistance with bath-recommendation.
It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us, should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!