“Beautiful hotel with amazing service”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Cusco, Peru
“Beautiful hotel with amazing service”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed here with two friends when the hotel first opened. The main selling point for us was that the hotel would put three separate beds into a beautiful room designed for 2. This was GREAT, as anyone who has ever shared a European twin can attest! Breakfast was wonderful, and a central location really helped us to see the city extensively. The concierge was very helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a third bed if you need one.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for our mini moon to Budapest, and it met all our expectations! We booked it after having read the reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed!
Our flight was delayed getting to Budapest, and we had asked the hotel to book a taxi for us to meet us at the airport. We phoned them to let them know of our delay and they rearranged the transport without any problems. When we arrived at the hotel, they knew exactly who we were and our room key was already waiting for us.
We had told the hotel in advance that it was our honeymoon, and when we got up to the room (which was modern and extremely clean!) we found the hotel had left us a fruit platter with a note welcoming us to Budapest for our honeymoon.
Throughout our stay, the service was fantastic, and we were always greeted with a smile by all of the hotel staff.
The location of the hotel is great, being only a 10-15 minute walk to the river, but still quiet enough to be able to get a great nights sleep! The breakfast was also lovely, with a good choice each morning!
We loved every minute in this hotel, and would definitely recommend it to others....we only wish we had been able to stay longer!

Room Tip: We had room 316, which had a full length door (giving lots of light) even though we couldn't get...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear „Shishih85”,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for sharing these special and beautiful days of your life with us.
I was truly happy that our hotel and the service provided by our staff met or even exceeded your expectations and you spent memorable days in our beautiful capital city.
Let me thank you again for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and I do hope to have the opportunity to meet you in the future!
On behalf of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy Staff I wish you much happiness,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

First time in Budapest and can highly recommend this Hotel. On a nice square with church on one corner on a small restaurant lined street. ( Ate at the Don Leona - worth a visit, very nice meal and good staff). The hotel buffet breakfast was delicious lots of choices great coffee and very efficient staff. Great idea to have free tea, coffee and water available all day - really nice touch. The Hotel is also near Rady Utca - a street with plenty of restaurants, Soul was a good one to visit. Staff recommended the Hop-on-Hop-off bus and this was very good value at 5ooo HF for a two day ticket which included 2 buses and a boat ride. The Hotel was pure professionalism from start to finish the staff always had a smile on their face and nothing was a bother - well done and thanks for our wonderful stay. Hope it is soon back at no 1 spot on Trip Advisor

2 Thank TravelholicDuntocher
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear „TravelholicDuntocher”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your city break in Budapest.
I was delighted to read that you had been pleased with our hotel and found the location favourable in regards restaurants/pubs and for exploring the city.
Let me thank you for your compliments regarding our staff, it will be my greatest pleasure to forward your kind words to my colleagues.
Thank you very much for your patronage; we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!

jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We have usually found the trip advisor highly-rated boutique hotels excellent. This has an ultra-modern interior in an old building. Excellent reception staff and modern clean room and the complimentary coffee/tea/water in the bar during the day was a nice touch. On the downside, the bedroom was small with less than 3 ft clearance around all side of the bed with limited room to store more than one case. The breakfast is self service and reminded me of the Holiday Inn Express I recently reviewed. There are at least 20 tables and all but one or two were full each morning and with this number of people milling around simultaneously, it was not a relaxing place. The weekday rate was fine but for some reason the Saturday rate rocketed so we moved on to the Corinthia which proved to be a very good decision.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aussijerseytraveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I'll start by saying that the hotel Palazzo Zichy sets the bar VERY high. Seriously, if you're in Budapest and this hotel is in your budget... Do not think twice!!!

Location: a great location in District XIII which, once I found my bearings, discovered that the 10-15 minute walk into the centre of Pest (district XII) was really pleasant through some really beautiful and atmospheric side streets lined with Bars and eateries.

Decor: you get a good feel for the decor of the hotel from the many photos posted, this may come down to personal taste but to my mind, the decor was spot on.

Hygiene: spotlessly clean throughout not that i'd try it but you could eat your dinner off the typical dust traps.

Service: The staff were professional, friendly and helpful throughout, it's hard to single a single person out for praise as the whole operation was faultless. Really, so many hoteliers could learn so much from Palazzo Zichy's shining example. Kitti on reception was the person I encountered most and really helped with any queries that I had so I thought its only fair to name drop.

The only very minor criticisms I would have was that the air conditioning controller didn't seem to want to adjust from the set temperature. Which was comfortable for me but could have been a little chilly for others. Water pressure was perfect (always an important thing for me) although the water temperature on one afternoon was luke warm at best (however it was a hot day, so I guess this was refreshing).

In summary, from reading other reviews I had high expectations and it would be accurate to say that these were all exceeded. The Palazzo Zichy represents excellent value and is nothing short of perfection.

Thank you to all for such an amazing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Travellin_Biff
Dear „Travellin_Biff”,

Let me thank you for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital.

With kind regards,

georgetown guyana
Reviewed 11 June 2012

When you want to visit Budapest this hotel is really a good place to stay. Friendly people, nice rooms and in an area from which it is easy to reach a lot of interesting places.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cvanderroest
Dear „cvanderroest”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy during your recent holiday in our beautiful capital.
I was glad to read your short but to the point comment of our hotel and services
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Vestal, NY
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The room was comfortable, albeit a bit small, but the real winner is the buffet breakfast and the availability of coffee and cold bottled water throughout the day. The staff at the desk were friendly and helpful.

Dear „Grandmajoan”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the travelling community about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!
I was happy to read that our breakfast met your expectations and also you could take advantage of our complimentary lounge bar service.
I would like to thank you for staying with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your plans bring you back to Budapest!