“An excellent experience”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We enjoyed an excellent stay in a perfect location. The staff are extremely kind, friendly and helpful. Complementary tea, coffee, water and snacks in a lounge area was very pleasant. There was a great breakfast buffet as well.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The rooms were very pleasant and the staff were always extremely helpful. The free coffee, water and snacks during the day were a bonus, as was the six computers for internet use. The breakfast was a feast to behold, sure to cater to every and any taste. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear „Maree C”,

Let me thank you for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am truly glad that our hotel, our complimentary breakfast and the services provided by our staff lived up to your expectations and you were happy with your hotel choice based on the opinion of the travelling community.
Your patronage and your compliments are highly appreciated. We are looking forward to welcoming you again should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest!

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Had a wonderful time at Zichy with 3 friends. Not surprised, it is seen as the best hotel in Budapest. A perfect blend of historical and contemporary. The staff could not have been more helpful. Rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Agree that the breakfast was a highlight. Recommend the masssage that the hotel can arrange - one of the best that I have ever had and very reasonable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear „Sarah H”,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your compliments on your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to read that not only the rooms, the breakfast service and our staff met your expectations but you could take advantage of our massage service as well.
Let me thank you again for staying with us and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I visited Budapest and chose this hotel based on its glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The room was comfortable and well appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the included breakfast is a real treat. The hotel lies just a few blocks from museums, shops, and a movie theatre. The Danube river is also less than 6 blocks away.

There is parking available, however it is limited and entrance to the garage is pretty narrow, typical of European cities, so be prepared to drive carefully into it. There is also free parking along the streets, but it is very difficult to procure. Overall, the hotel is a great value, and definitely deserves consideration on your visits to Budapest.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear „provoshane”,

Let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your recent Budapest-visit and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was glad to read that you were happy with your hotel choice, it was our pleasure to serve you whilst visiting our beautiful capital. I also would like to thank you for pointing out the favourable location of our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your plans bring you back to Budapest!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I have just had a 5 night stay at the Palazzo Zichy, our first stay was 3 years ago a few months after it had opened. We thought that standards may have dropped since then, but need not have worried, as everything was just as good as our first visit if not better. Very friendly and helpful staff, great room with excellent bathroom, and very comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was the best we have had in any hotel, with a fantastic choice. We emailed before we arrived to ask if it would be possible to have the same room as last time, and this was done for us, also as it was my wifes birthday there was a card and a bowl of fruit for her in the room when we arrived. The free coffee, tea and water in the lounge until 5pm is also a nice touch. It is things like this that make a good hotel a great hotel.

The hotel is not in the centre of the tourist area, but is an easy walk, my wife and I are both in our 70's and found it no problem, or there is a tram stop 2 minutes away, with the underground about 4 or 5 minutes walk. Being in a mainly residential area it is quiet, so your sleep is not disturbed by noise, it also means that restaurants in the area are cheaper than the centre. We would not even consider staying anywhere else in Budapest, and look forward to another visit in the future. A number of guests who we spoke to during our stay were also full of praise for the hotel. If you stay here you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Room 509 is good as it over looks the square in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveller1939

Dear „Traveller1939”,

I am so glad that you granted us with the opportunity to welcoming you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for this special occasion. I am also happy that our hotel and the services provided by our staff met or even exceeded your experiences this time too.
We highly appreciate your praisinig words and your positive comment regarding the location of our hotel.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our hotel third time as well! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We recently stayed at Palazzo Zichy for 2 nights after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a great experience. The hotel is an architectural gem-- a contemporary interior within a beautifully restored building. Breakfast was, by far, the best we had during our trip and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. They were were all not only incredibly helpful but so gracious. The hotel in not exactly the most centrally located of choices but still within a reasonable walk. Definately worth it-- a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernie0211

Dear „Bernie0211”,

I am sincerely happy that you have been pleased with your hotel choice in Budapest based on the traveller reviews on TripAdvisor.
Let me thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding the design of our hotel and our complimentary breakfast. I am also glad that our staff could provide you with an exceptional service during your stay.
I would like to thank you for recommending us to the travelling community! We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nearly every aspect of our stay in this hotel exceeded our expectations. Between its attractive design blending historic and modern architecture, the huge complementary breakfast buffet, free coffee and snacks throughout the day, and extraordinarily helpful and friendly staff, the hotel and its services seemed reminiscent of much more expensive properties. The only minor areas of improvement are the brightness of the rooms (ours was a bit dim) and the number of pillows on the beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear „Rob S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to see whilst reading your generous review, that our staff provided you with an excellent service, it will be my greatest pleasure to forward your kind words to my colleagues. I am also glad that you could take advantage of our complimentary services, like the buffet breakfast and the lounge bar.
I also would like to thank you for your constructive remark regarding the lighting of our rooms as well as regarding the pillows. Please be ensured that we will consider them for improvement.
I would like to thank you again for your compliments. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!