“Could not have asked for more.”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Koszonom. Without all the umlauts, that’s thank you in Hungarian. I truly mean it when I say thank you to the staff and owners of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy, in Budapest. What an amazing hotel in every category. The staff was superb, the condition of the hotel was excellent, the breakfast unbelievable, the location perfect and the price, unimaginable for what we received. A better word to describe the hotel might be elegant. That is, elegant for the likes of my wife and I. We were blown away, having found such a gem using the Internet. The hotel is located in the heart of Budapest, a very short walk from the Metro or the trolley system. Its just minutes by taxi from the Danube River and it’s wonderful shopping areas. However, I do suggest you let the taxi drivers find the hotel for you the first time around.

In the late 1800’s, Count Zichy, a very reverent man by all accounts, built his home across the street from the church he attended. By the looks of the building, he lived well. At some point, not long ago, the building was renovated and we now have the Hotel Palazzo Zichy. That’s all I really know about its history but I know a great hotel when I’ve stayed in one. A special thanks to Judit Rozsa, the reservations manager for all her help in the months prior to our arrival.

Room Tip: No tip needed. They must all be good.
1  Thank mgard11
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear „mgard11”,

First of all let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the largest travelling community about your recent stay with us.

It was great to be read that you liked the unique design of our hotel: the combination of the neo-baroque and modern style. I also would like to thank you for your short summary of the building’s history.
I was happy to see that you were pleased with our rich breakfast buffet, with our superb location and the personalized service provided by our Team. It was all our pleasure to be at your assistance prior to your arrival and also during your stay.

Your compliments are highly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have just returned from 4 days at this lovely hotel in Budapest. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and the front desk staff could not have been more courteous or patient, answering many questions, providing directions and suggestions. It is an excellent hotel within an easy walk of the sights of Budapest. You can walk to the metro in 5 minutes and use that to get around. Alternatively it is only a 15 minute walk to the Danube - from there only another 10-15 minutes to the centre. We bought a 72hour travel pass which proved to be very useful for getting around the city. The breakfast was most excellent with a wide choice of food and drinks to suit all tastes. The room was clean, comfortable and very quiet. We visited all the main sights and managed to get to the zoo, Memento Park and the Children's Railway. All together a lovely few days away.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor which had a good view and was very quiet.
2  Thank Melanie M

Dear „Melanie M”,

I was sincerely happy to read your kind feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, first and foremost let me thank you for staying with us.

I am also delighted that our entire staff provided you with an exceptional service throughout your stay. It made me glad that you liked our rich breakfast buffet, the guestroom and you found the location of the hotel also great to explore Budapest.

Let me thank you for your praising words and for recommending us to the travelling community. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel staff was extremely helpful to me during the booking and planning of my recent trip. Upon arrival the front desk staff could not have been more courteous or patient, answering many questions, providing directions and suggestions.
The accommodations were lovely, immaculate and quiet.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MLB19512013

Dear „MLB19512013”,

Let me thank you for recommending our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read your short but to the point comment of our hotel and staff. I was happy to see that we had been able to contribute to an enjoyabe stay in our beautiful Budapest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Wonderful hotel - not too far from the sights of Budapest. You can walk to the metro in 5 minutes and use that to get around.

We booked the package that included the city tour and that is worth doing on the first day to get your bearings and see the sights.

All Hotel staff, witout exception were extremely friendly and helpful

Would stay here again

Room Tip: Corner room 308 with a balcony was very nice.
2  Thank tomUnitedKingdom
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear „tomUnitedKingdom”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your generous review posted on TripAdvisor.
I was happy to read that you had spent a pleasant time in our hotel and you had saved great memories about your city break in Budapest. I especially would like to thank you for highlighting our favourable location annd the friendliness of my colleagues.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we truly hope to have the opportunity to meeting you again!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had 3 days in Budapest last week and our agent booked this hotel. A very good call. Front desk staff were quite exceptional and could not do enough to assist. We had Catherina and Naome were wonderful. Loved the little chill zone where you can grab a coffee etc through the day and it converts to a nice bar at night. The room we had (007) was really lovely. A good sized room and even though on a lower level, was very quiet. A good location and the staff now the restaurants to assist you. (There is a new restaurant directly opposite that had jazz as well and again, very friendly staff and owner). Not sure when we will be back in Budapest but it is a certainty we will be staying there!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg J

Dear „Greg J”,

I can not be grateful enough for your kind words and for your time taken to share your experiences with the travellers on TripAdvisor.
I was truly happy to see that you had enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and the guestroom, the location and our complimentary Lounge bar had met or even exceeded your expectations.
I also would like to thank you for your kind and positive feedback on the brand-new restaurant called Matrjoska bistro, that has recently opened on the Lőrinc pap square.
Let me thank you once again for staying with us and for your patronage. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

“Fabulous Hotel”

What a find! Good food, location and rooms with a friendly team at reception/concierge to meet, greet and send you off to explore the city. We had a junior suite, spotless, amazingly comfortable bed, quality linen & towels & every single member of staff we met during our stay so polite & courteous. Congratulations to everyone on the outstanding service given in this hotel, it's a credit to you all & the city of Budapest.
Excellent location - 8-10 mins walk to hop on hop off bus & trams in a convenient part off the city really easy to get around from here. The bus & rivers trips are to be recommended especially the evening river trip, reception will help you out with tickets for hop on/off trips etc.
The hotel does not do an evening meal but you will find lots of restaurants, cafe's & bars nearby some very reasonably priced
Would definitely return and most certainly stay in this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading
2  Thank Goose100

Dear „Goose100”,

First of all let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your positive feedback. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed Budapest and my colleagues could contribute to your unforgettable experience in our beautiful city.
I also highly appreciate your kind words regarding our location and the guestroom, I am glad that you had been pleased with the junior suite.
I would like to thank you once again for sharing your experiences with the travelling community and I truly hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy should your plans bring you back to our capital. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just got home following 3 night stay at this 4 star hotel. We booked the city package break direct with the hotel which included a 3 course meal at the Muzeum restaurant and a 3 hour city excursion with a guide. We also booked transfers via the hotel as the price was competitive.

We were met promptly at the airport and the check in process was smooth and efficient. Gregor was attentive and (quite impressively) noted during conversation that it was my husband's birthday treat and we were sent a complimentary bowl of fruit the following day. The hotel is elegant and the service is unobtrusive and impeccable, everything you expect from a four star hotel delivered without fuss and in a friendly manner by all staff. Gregor was particularly good and nothing was too much trouble. The meal at the Muzeum was the best meal that we had in Budapest (traditional hungarian fayre) really well cooked and fab service. The excursion was also good so the package is very good value, I was highly impressed.

The hotel location is good and is approx 3 mins walk from the tram station however, you can walk to most destinations. The only time we took a taxi was to the castle as there was no direct route there (cost 2200 forint/ £7).The local restaurants provide good value on food and good service.

Breakfast, whilst not amazing, had enough variety to cover all tastes and the coffee is good too.

I would highly recommend this hotel, elegant, exceptionally clean and well decorated, good location, excellent staff and very reasonably priced. I wish there was a Palazzo Zichy in every city!

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view of the square and the church, didn't get it but was really happy...
2  Thank Paulineysroberts

Dear „Paulineysroberts”,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for celebrating your husband’s birthday in Budapest. I was truly happy to see that you had spent a memorable time with us and I am also glad that you had enjoyed our City Break Package.
Your kind words regarding our staff, especially Gergő are highly appreciated, I was delighted to learn from your kind comment that he could make your stay in our city even more pleasant.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope to meet you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!