“Affordable Luxury!”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I have travelled extensively over the years and finally have stayed in a hotel that has nailed it on every level whilst being in an affordable price bracket.

The rooms are as perfect as appears in the promotional photos. The breakfast is superb with numerous superb little touches, down from being able to freshly squeeze your own juice, some kind if complimentary sparkling wine if you want to start your day in style and I implore you to try the bacon! It's a rarity to find a breakfast of such quality, let alone included in the room price.

The check in was seamless. No faffing around with passports or even authorisation from a credit card. The reception staff were a delight to deal with on every occasion. It's great that they sell tickets for the trams/subway as it can be a little daunting as a non Hungarian speaker. Once you have the tickets it's an absolute breeze. - just validate one of them for every trip. There is local taxes to pay on check out if you paid in advance, but it was only about 50pence a night for one of the superior rooms.

There is free coffee making and cold bottled water by the reception area and also an Internet area where you can print out things for free.

Trip Advisor could not give me enough stars for this place. You'd be mad to stay anywhere else in Budapest.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Squidgy66
Write a ReviewReviews (5,044)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great hotel, a minutes walk from the 4 and 6 tram stops but nice not to be right in the centre of town. Everything was brilliant, the room immaculate and so, so quiet, ask for a room with a view of the interior courtyard. The bed fantastically comfortable, the breakfast copious, wide range and great food but the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. the bar has free coffee until 17:00 which is great for a break during your day..

2  Thank keithaitchison
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Lovely hotel.Check in fast and efficient . Lovely staff who spoke impeccable english and were only too happy to give us directions to places we wanted to visit.We walked to most places and used public transport to visit places further afield.
Our room was lovely . Extremely clean with a lovely touch of a chocolate on each pillow!There was a separate dressing room which housed plenty of storage room and hanging space and a safe. The bathroom was funky very clean with a very large walk in shower.We heard no noise from other guests throughout our stay.
Breakfast was lovely with a choice of continental or hot.
We could not fault this hotel and will recommend to friends and family.

2  Thank tillielancashire
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear „tillielancashire”,

I am grateful for your valuable time taken to leave a positive review on TripAdvisor about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
It made me really happy to read that you had enjoyed your city break and our hotel could live up to your expectations in all aspects. Your detailed description about the guest room is highly appreciated and I am sure it will be very helpful for anyone considering to stay at our hotel.
Let me thank you for your generous comment and for your patronage.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My apologies for not posting this review earlier- I understood I had done so already. We stayed here in April 13. We had great accommodation at this hotel- a spacious corner room overlooking the Square and Churchyard. Anyone visiting will be impressed by the standard of the accommodation and the level of assistance offered by staff. Whilst for some it may not be as central as one would like it is still within walking distance of the museum, Costes restaurant and the major tourist attractions. I would recommend this to others as a hotel that exceeded our expectations for a four star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan S

Dear „Dan S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us in April last year and for posting a positive comment on TripAdvisor about your visit.
I was delighted to see that you had been pleased with the room and with the magnificent view to the square in front of the hotel. I was also happy to learn that my colleagues had provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay.
I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the travellers and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy soon!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visited this hotel with my wife for our 30th wedding anniversary. The hotel arranged our transfer which was seamless. Our reception at the hotel was warm and professional. The hotel is well placed and close to two underground stations. The hotel is traditional from the outside but very contemporary on the inside. Staff are attentive, personable and very helpful. The breakfast choice is extensive and of a very high quality. The rooms are simply beautiful. I could not recommend this place highly enough. More 5 star than 4! Go and enjoy because you will pay more for less in Budapest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bjayyy

Dear „bjayyy”,

Let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for celebrating your 30th wedding anniversary in Budapest.
I was happy to see that you had saved great memories about your stay and about the service you had received from our entire staff. Your kind feedback regarding our great location, the unique design of our hotel and the rich breakfast buffet is highly appreciated.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the travelling community and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

What a fantastic hotel - at even more fantastic prices. Everything was really superb - location was convenient (yet a bit homey / local feeling), the place felt very chic without being overdone, room was perfect (quiet, comfy, very clean, stylish), breakfast was nice. We even enjoyed the hotel bar, which is normally kind of blah in a lot of places. And customer service was absolutely spectacular - everyone was so friendly and helpful.

We've traveled to many cities in Europe, and this hotel is really one of the standouts. The price certainly didn't hurt either...

Wholeheartedly recommended!

1  Thank NYC_ADK83

Dear „NYC_ADK83”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. I am delighted to read that you had considered the location of our hotel to be ideal for a city break and you had spent a great time in our bar as well.
I am glad that you had saved great memories about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and the service provided by our Team.

Your generous review is highly appreciated and I do hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is the first hotel that I choosed only by tripadvisor reviews and it was really as everyone has written before: fantastic. Close to everything, nice (friendly and helpful) staff, truly suggested! It worths all the awards.

Room Tip: There's a nice view from the 5th floor, you can see the top of the church and the
1  Thank Zsoozsy

Dear „Zsoozsy”,

I am glad that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy based on our previous guests’ opinion and you had spent great time with us.
It was fantastic to read that our location, our rooms, our staff and the entire hotel had met or even exceeeded your expectations.
I would like to thank you for recommending us to the travelling community and hope to welcome you again in the future!