“Excellent service, excellent rooms, highly recommend, great team!!”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Excellent service, excellent rooms, highly recommend, great team!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I spend my honey moon in the hotel and I think I make an excellent choice, the Zichy team is just perfect, everyone is so nice and polite!! They contact me and give some great ideas of how to surprise my wife with beautiful details, we will defenetly come back!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Gonzalo C
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear „Gonzalo C”,

First of all let me thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your honeymoon in Budapest and for sharing these special days of your life with us.
I was sincerely happy to see that we had been able to contribute to your unforgettable experience and you had spent enjoyable days with us.
Your kind words and your patronage are highly appreciated and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Judit Rózsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for five nights at the beginning of March, and absolutely loved our stay in the wonderful Hotel Palazzo Zichy. We chose the hotel based on the excellent reviews (and excellent price), and could not be happier with our choice.

We arranged a taxi transfer with the hotel, which was very good value and I would highly recommend it for anyone travelling to Budapest for the first time. We were welcomed to the hotel by the extremely friendly reception staff, all of whom spoke impeccable English, and seemed genuinely happy to help with all sorts of queries.

The hotel itself is very impressive; modern, yet still faithful to its history- the lobby is simply stunning. Our room was lovely- very modern with a very comfortable bed and fantastic monsoon head shower.

The breakfast buffet was great, certainly one of the best I have encountered with a wide variety to suit all tastes. We also enjoyed the free coffee and mineral water in the lobby bar- a very nice touch after a long day exploring Budapest.

The location was just right for us, walking distance from the metro with several decent restaurants and bars (including the incredible Szimpla Kert) all within easy walking distance.

I know I am echoing a lot of other reviews on here, but we really had an absolutely fantastic stay here and would not hesitate to stay here again!

Five stars in every way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophia R
Dear „Sophia R”,

It was great to be read that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy after reading our previous guests’ opinion and you had been pleased with your choice.

It was a real pleasure to see that you had been happy with your room with the rainforest walk-in shower and you could take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and lounge bar service. Last but not least I would like to thank you for your generous words regarding the service provided by our entire Team. I am delighted to read that we had been able to contribute to your pleasant experience.

Let me thank you for leaving a positive comment on TripAdvisor and I truly hope to have the opportunity to see you soon again,

Best regards,

New York
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was our third visit to the hotel and while we loved it the first time it gets better and better every time. While the hotel itself is lovely and the rooms are comfortable and clean, it is really the staff that makes all the difference. They are smart, professional and warm all at the same time. They make us feel we are coming home, they greet us with warmth, familiarity and respect. Not only they made the effort to give us the same room we were before (we told them when we left the last time that we liked the room very much) but there was a food basket accompanied by a handwritten note welcoming us back. Just an example of their thoughtfulness: when we were there the first time I asked for some direction and the young lady at the front desk ask me if we would like to take a cab or public transportation, I told her that we are not much for caba and if at all possible we like to walk. This time, about a year later, I happened to ask the same person for directions and without batting and eye she said, it is a 20 minute walk, and then she went out to explain how to navigate the topsy-turvy little streets to get there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NewYorkVeri
Dear „NewYorkVeri”,

Let me thank you for staying with us already third time, your loyalty to our hotel is highly appreciated. I am also grateful for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community.

I was so glad to learn from your kind review that you like the unique design of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. But it makes me even more happy and proud to see that my colleagues had been able to make your visit more enjoyable, it was my pleasure to pass your compliments onto them. Comments like yours can show us that it is really worth to work wholeheartedly.

Thank you very much again for your patronage and I sincerely hope to meet you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy soon again!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here for five nights and absolutely loved it. The decor is quite plush and modern with a lots of lovely open space. The room was a modest size which you would expect from a boutique city hotel, but the high ceilings and window opened it right up. The bathroom was gorgeous with a heated mirror, rain shower and massive bath. The breakfast was great with lots of options and potential nibbles for later. They do free coffee, tea, hot choc and nutty snacks until 5pm in a swishy little lounge. It took us a little while to get orientated properly, but you're only 8 minutes from the metro and there are a lot of nice restaurants within 10-15 minutes walking distance. we would definitely recommend it as a comfortable base to explore Budapest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tiktaktuk
Dear „tiktaktuk”,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your valuable time taken to share your opinion about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy with the travelling community.

It was great to be read that you had found our hotel to be well-located and you had been pleased with the guestroom. I was also happy to see that you had enjoyed our breakfast service and you could take advantage of the complimentary Lounge bar.

I am grateful for your positive comment and hope to have the pleasure to serving you again.

Zomergem, Belgium
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Booked the hotel based on the reviews here. We were not disapointed.
Stayed here for 2 nights.
Excellent fresh breakfast, very nice and clean rooms and helpfull staff. (for ex. We were going out one evening and they offered us an umbrella as rain was possible...)
Free WIFI, nice cocktails (but European prices).
The location: about 5 min walk to the blue subway. Quiet street, but enough things to eat-drink nearby. (also TRAP (nr3 in things to do is 1 min from the hotel).)
If not sure what to book in Budapest: this is the place to be.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
Dear "Tom C”,

Let me thank you for your generous review posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was pleased to read that our hotel had met or even exceeded your expectations in all aspects and you had spent a great citybreak in Budapest.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in March & loved it. From a breezy no fuss check in, to a lovely, very modern, comfortable room. The hotel is very modern minimalistic, with classic features. Quite unusual. Breakfast was brilliant, always found a table despite it being busy. Scrambled eggs were my favourite. Can get a bit hectic trying to get past other diners at their tables. Breakfast staff were efficient and always someone to wish you a nice day when you left. We found the location ideal for walking Budapest's streets. We had a ground floor room over looking the square and the church and were never disturbed by noise. All the staff we encountered were friendly, efficient & professional. Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again without hesitation.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „hoorayholiday”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.

I was delighted to see that you had been happy with the guestroom and with our great location, I especially would like to thank you for highlighting the great soundproofing of the room.
It was also great to learn from your kind review that you liked the unique design of the entire hotel.
I was happy ro read your kind feedback regarding the excellent service provided by our Staff in the breakfast room.

Let me thank you again for your generous review, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I'm currently writing this review in the hotel's free computer spot as I wait for my taxi to take me back to the airport from Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I can honestly say I do not want to leave! From the very start the staff here made me my mum and gran feel so welcome, they could not do enough for us and every day greeted us with a smile!

The hotel is spotlessly clean, the breakfast has a wonderful range of cold and hot food and there is a wonderful area to relax with a free to use coffee machine and bottles of water until 5. Perfect for breaking up the day to rest your weary feet after a morning of walking around the city.

I have to say that this is one of the best places I've ever stayed and I've been very fortunate to have travelled quite a bit both with work and for pleasure but this place tops even some of the 5* hotels I've stayed in.

Location wise, it is positioned near a Medical University, which means there are vibrant and interesting coffee shops / eateries near by and benefits from a very cosmopolitan atmosphere in the surrounding district.

I'll be returning one day! Thank you for an impeccable hotel experience Hotel Palazzo Zichy! x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family