Hotel Palazzo Zichy
  • Room Service
US$138
US$114
5,117 results
All reviewsrussian restaurantsmall squaregreat hotelfree coffeeold palaceminute walknational museumjunior suitereception staffbottled waterquiet neighborhoodlounge areakalvin terbreakfast roomwalk in showerbreakfast was excellentsparkling wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is an elegant, modern, conversion of a grand (palatial) Budapest mansion. The foyer, in particular, is impressive. Our fourth floor room was well equipped, comfortable, quiet, and fine in every respect, though perhaps a little small. Breakfast is comprehensive and the food is good. There are plenty of good, common facilities including a gym and business center.
Invariably we found the front-desk staff to be enthusiastic, knowledgeable, eager to help, and reliable. They really added to the pleasure of our visit.
Budapest is a once-grand city showing the stress of one hundred years of decline. The central area of Pest, close to the Danube, has been well restored and gives one a sense of what the city could be like. However, you do not have to walk more than half a block from a fine street to see run down buildings and poorer shops.
Hotel Palazzo Zichy is close to the transition zone between Pest's ritzier areas and those in need of an upgrade. We felt comfortable in the neighborhood but increasing less comfortable as we walked to the East. One hopes Budapest continues to improve.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear „Fellwalker57”,

I am glad that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy based on the opinion of our previous guests’ and you had been pleased with your decision.

It made me happy to read that you had collected nice memories about your city break in Budapest and my colleagues had been able to contribute to your pleasant experience with theirs professionalism and service-minded attitude.

Your compliments regarding the building and the surrounding area are highly appreciated – I am glad that you had enjoyed walking on the streets of Budapest.

Let me thank you for your generous review and I hope to meet you in our hotel again, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel was second to none! from the staff, the rooms and, the breakfasts. We could not fault it.

Everyone was so friendly even the lady cleaning our room. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was lovely too.

The breakfasts had plenty of choice all nice quality food, the staff were filling up the plates as fast as guests were emptying them!

The complimentary coffee/tea and chilled mineral water was a lovely extra, every little detail had been thought of. Well done to the Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Room Tip: We had no problem with noise and we did not hear anyone say that they had a problem, our rooms were at the front of the hotel 312 and 314 on the third floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank missmc62
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear „missmc62”,

Thank you very much for leaving a wonderful comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was delighted to learn from your kind words that you had been pleased with your stay and with every details of our hotel from the excellent service to the wide variety of the breakfast buffet.
I was also pleased to see that the efficiency of our breakfast team had met or even exceed your expectations and you had enjoyed our complimentary Lounge Bar.

I would like to thank you for your compliments again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a couple of problems with our room, but the problems were addressed by the excellent hotel staff. They were very eager to accommodate our needs, whether it be directions to the Parliament, tickets for a guided tour, or reservations for dinner, every person at the desk that we dealt with gave us service enthusiastically. Special thanks to Gergo.
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms roomy with excellent bathrooms. We overlooked an interior courtyard.
We chose the Hotel Palazzo Zichy because it had wood floors and we have allergies. Our only complaint is that those wood floors can be noisy.

1  Thank JanSpruceHeadMaine

Dear „JanSpruceHeadMaine”,

First of all let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.

I was glad to see that you had spent a great time in Budapest and our hotel could serve you as a perfect base for exploring our beautiful city.
What made me especially happy and proud upon reading your kind review is that you had been pleased with the service provided by our entire Team. Receiving feedbacks like yours show us that it is really worth to work wholeheartedly. It was my greatest pleasure to pass your compliments onto Gergo.

I also would like to thank you for your kind words on the design of the hotel and the bathroom however I regret to learn that you had not found the room quiet enough. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated

Let me take the opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and for your patronage. We hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again some time in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Delighted which my choice of this hotel, lobby was palatial, room was luxurious.
We had a Junior suite which was very spacious, plenty of storage and a large comfortable bed.
The bathroom was enormous, with large walk in shower and a corner whirlpool bath.
Breakfast was excellent, the staff were so friendly throughout our stay.

During our stay the temperatures were 35+ C outside but the hotel and room aircon coped flawlessly.
Location is good, one street away from a major tram line and some shops nearby.
The best choice in Budapest!

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimmyG572

Dear „JimmyG572”,

I can not be grateful enough for your praising comment posted here on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to read that you had been pleased with your hotel choice in Budapest and our hotel could live up to your expectations in all aspects.

Your compliments regarding the guestroom, the bathroom and the breakfast service are highly appreciated. I also would like to thank you for pointing out our great airconditioning system.

Let me thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope that we will have the opportunity of meeting you soon again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at Palazzo Zichy on her first trip to Budapest. It met every expectation and beyond. It was in walking distance to attractions. restaurants, and a good starting point for many enjoyable walks around Budapest. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable and when we had to catch an early morning flight and had to miss our last breakfast, staff packed a picnic breakfast for us to eat while waiting at the airport. Next time in Budapest, we know where we will be staying.

1  Thank Judy S

Dear „Judy S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your husband’s first trip to Budapest, it made me glad to see that it was really a memorable one.

I was sincerely happy to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we had been able to contribute to your pleasant experience.
I would like to thank you for highlighting our great location and the wide variety of our breakfast buffet.

Your compliments are highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.