Hotel Palazzo Zichy
US$270
US$135
US$114
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$125
US$853
US$661
US$639
5,159 results
All reviewsrussian restaurantsmall squaregreat hotelfree coffeeold palaceminute walknational museumjunior suitereception staffbottled waterquiet neighborhoodlounge areakalvin terbreakfast roomwalk in showerbreakfast was excellentsparkling wine
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent three nights here having arrived from Prague, where we had stayed in possibly the best hotel we have visited, which was a hard act to follow. The hotel has been given a very modern design in a lovely old building. The rooms are large and relatively comfortable, although the designers seem to have preferred form over function, e.g. translucent bathroom doors that open both inwards and outwards with no lock. The wooden floors do not help with sound proofing.

The bed was comfortable with sheets rather than the almost ubiquitous duvets, clearly a matter of preference for each traveller. The breakfast was fine with a good choice, entirely self-service. No facilities for making coffee in the rooms but there is free water, coffee and tea in the bar during the day.

The location was fine, a couple of minutes walk to trams and five to the metro, and the area did not seem in any way unsafe to us, maybe Londoners are just a hardy lot.

Definitely a good base for exploring Budapest.

2  Thank OI1889
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I chose this hotel for my husband and I for our anniversary for a long weekend. From the minute of check in to the time we left we couldn't have wished to stay at a better hotel. I check beforehand the room was all confirmed etc and mentioned we were visiting for our anniversary and they left a bowl of fruit and a card on our arrival wishing us a lovely anniversary!! now that's going the extra mile and was a nice start to our break. We had room 115 on the first floor overlooking the square side, it was a beautiful room with all you need and although the hotel is very old and kept wonderfully restored on the outside, the rooms have a modern feel which is exactly what we like, it was all clean and had all the facilities needed including a mini-bar. The staff were helpful arranging taxi's or giving directions or recommendations. Breakfast was nice with a range of items all self serviced, the other great touch was the free water and hot drinks and snacks till 5pm each day, was lovely returning from a busy and tiring day in the heat to have refreshments on return. I did feel some guests took advantage as we saw people taking bottles of water to take out with them on their trips !!!
It is about 15 minute walk to main centre but lots of bars/cafes enroute, also little square outside with a fabulous restaurant and also a sports bar where we watched the champions league final.
Other reviewers mentioned the homeless folk around the hotel and sleeping in the square, we found this around all the small streets going into the centre, they didn't bother us or ask for money simply sat or slept. I found the area strange on a Sunday everywhere was shut all day other than the main centre and few odd bars enroute and there were 6 homeless people asleep in the small square alone but not a reflection of hotel and like I said were no trouble just pretty sad.
Last comment - great hotel which I will be recommending to all my family and friends and will revisit when I next return to Budapest.

1  Thank oscar1995
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear „oscar1995”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for this special trip to Budapest.

I was more than happy to read that you had enjoyed your anniversary weekend break from the moment you arrived until the check-out.
It made me glad to see that you had been pleased with the guest room and with our complimentary services like the Lounge bar and the rich buffet breakfast.

I also would like to thank you for your comments regarding the location of our hotel – I was glad to see that you had enjoyed the lively sourrounding area with the small local pubs and restaurants. Regarding the homeless people I agree that this is a sad situation but unfortunately not only Budapest but all European cities have to face this issue .

Let me thank you again for your generous comment and for your patronage.
We truly hope that we will have the opportunity of meeting you soon again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I left Zichy feeling like I had experienced the best customer service in the world. The front desk was ready to arrange everything for us during our one week trip to Budapest. The breakfast was delicious and something to look forward to. The location as well was superb and near many interesting bars and restaurants. I highly recommend as a value for your Money.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank laylam149

Dear „laylam149”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, your generous and wonderful review is highly appreciated.

I am delighted to see that my colleagues provided you with an exceptional service throughout your stay; feedbacks like yours are very important for us. It was my greatest pleasure to share your kind words with our entire Team.

Let me thank you again for sharing your experiences with the travelling community. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is one of the best I've ever stayed in. It has some of the most professional and friendly, helpful staff I've ever met - and not just the reception staff, but the breakfast, cleaning, maintenance and other staff as well. The rooms are large, extremely clean, designer-modern and the beds are large and wonderfully comfortable, and the bathroom had a fantastic large walk-in shower, with almost silent but highly effective ventilation so that even after really hot and long showers the bathroom didn't steam up - not even the mirror. The prices are surprisingly modest for what you get (averaged over 7 nights at around £102/$170/38,000 HUF a night). The breakfast buffet offers a huge range of high-quality, fresh foods to satisfy every taste, and coffee and tea in every conceivable form, let alone the various (fresh) fruit juices There's free tea, coffee, nibbles and mineral water available all day (until 5pm) in the bar.
Walking into the hotel, through the sliding double doors, from what looks like a fairly modest exterior (as palaces go) is like walking into a different world - Dr Who fans might liken it to going inside the Tardis, but the Palazzo Zichy has more style. It is a dazzlingly designed hotel, and a visual feast. Do make sure you walk up the staircase to the left of the entrance, to admire the classical glory this former palace once had.
When we arrived, we noticed there was a very slight drip from the air conditioning, and when I see things like this, I always think it's important to tell Reception - they can't be expected to know if something is wrong in a room until guests tell them. It really wasn't a significant issue, but the hotel management responded as if there was a burst pipe flooding the room. The maintenance person was there within minutes to fix it, but the really staggering thing was that the next day we received a knock on the door, and a waiter was there delivering a free full bottle of fine red wine, with wine glasses and a bottle opener, accompanied by a typed and signed letter from Zsofia Lukacs, the Guest Service Representative, letting us know they'd resolved the technical issue, and apologising for the inconvenience (which it wasn't really). I thought this was an amazing response to a very minor issue, and revealed the lengths the hotel goes to to keep customers happy.
The hotel is fairly near the centre, and it is possible to walk to anywhere in Budapest very easily. If you don't like walking (which is the best way to see Budapest) there's a metro stop about 5 minutes away, and there's a selection of places to eat just across the road from the hotel.
If you're travelling to Budapest, I can't imagine a better hotel to stay at. Go and see for yourselves.

1  Thank Ken B

Dear „Ken B”,

First of all let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for posting such a wonderful and praising review on TripAdvisor about your city break.

I can not be grateful enough for your generous words about the service provided by our entire Team but especially by our Front Desk Staff. It was great to be read that you felt that our hotel is among the best you have visited so far.
I especially would like to thank you for empasizing our beautiful historical staircase that we are really proud of.

I am also thankful for reporting the drip of the air-conditioning after your arrival. I do agree with you, it is very important for us to know if there is something not working properly in the room so we can make the necessary steps in order to avoid a future repeat thus make our guests’ stay more pleasant.

Let me thank you again for your throughout positive comment and for your compliments. We would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed four nights at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy in May 2014 and we enjoyed everything about their hotel. The breakfast was delicious, the young people on the wait staff were efficient and cordial along with checking everything so ample food was available to all. The reception was helpful and professional. The room and bathroom were modern and up to date. The shower is fantastic! The hotel was a 30 second walk to a Catholic Church for Sunday services. It is close but not too close (noise factor) to the main streets in Pest. The trams and underground are easy to locate and close by. Please stay at Hotel Palazzo Zichy when in Budapest. You won't regret it

Room Tip: There is a lovely bar to relax after enjoying Budapest's sights. But there is no restaurant. I could not delete the rating above
1  Thank Cathywelch

Dear „Cathywelch”,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community about your recent stay with us.

I was happy to learn from your kind review that you had spent a great time with us and our hotel, our facilities and services could meet or even exceed your expectations.
Your compliments regarding the level of the service provided my colleagues are highly appreciated.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope that we will have the opportunity to meet you in the future as well.