“One of the best hotels I've stayed at”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo during easter spring 2014, and expectations were high. We contacted the hotel in advance, and already then the hotel met our every need. The Palazzo Zichy delivered what was promised from the moment you walked in the glass doors. The staff was always smiling and helpful, the building and its architecture is beautiful and the rooms were spacious. We had the smallest double room and still it was huge. The high ceiling contributed to this.

The breakfast was plentyful and tasteful.

A special thanks to the bartender who was very helpful in picking out the perfect location for a proposal. It made the trip beyond perfect for our part.

Room Tip: Choose on of the rooms facing the little square in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear „Andreas R”,

I am grateful for your valuable time taken to leave a positive review on TripAdvisor about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
It made me really happy to read that you had enjoyed your city break and our hotel could live up to your expectations in all aspects. It was also wonderful to see that our entire Team including our bartender had been able to contribute to your unforgettable city break.

Let me thank you for your generous comment and for your patronage.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

The hotel's design is beautiful. The designers renovated a stately mansion, keeping elements of the past and melding them with the clean lines of the modern. Our junior suite was large, colorful and so comfortable. The service was impeccable. The breakfast was excellent and the location, off a tiny square, was quiet yet close to the Danube river, restaurants and transportation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank booklover46

Dear „booklover46”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was glad to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and you liked the unique design of the building and of the guestrooms. I was also pleased to see that you could take advantage of our breakfast service.

We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights after travelling through Amsterdam, Vienna and Prague. We had stayed in 4 or 5 star hotels in all this cities but this was the best. It was in a lovely area of the city- quiet but conveniently located to the main attractions. We walked to the main shopping mall- Vaci Street without any problems. It was also across the street from one of the best restaurants ( Matrjoska) we have eaten in since leaving Australia 3 weeks ago. Would recommend this for a meal. We also found the breakfast to have a wide range of hot and cold dishes. Nice touch to be able to squeeze your own juice. We found the hot food to be very plentiful even though the restaurant was often very crowded.
Our room ( 315) looked over the square which was nice and light and airy but some rooms face into the other rooms and would lack natural light.
Loved the free access to coffee, water and tea until 5 in the lounge area. And the free wifi was fast and efficient. We loved our stay at the Palazzo and would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah H

Dear „Deborah H”,

Thank you very much for your kind attention taken in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to share your experience with the travelling community.

Your kind feedback regarding our excellent location, the delicious breakfast and the guestroom are highly appreciated. It made me also glad to see that you could take advantage of our high speed wireless internet service and you had enjoyed our Lounge bar.

We would be happy to host you again in our hotel should your plans bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

stayed here over the weekend and just loved the hotel , located at a very convenient location the hotel has easy access to the metro lines (tramlines) and the best indian restaurant of budapest is just 5 minutes walk away ! Also closeby is a russian cafe and you will find your self in a big square near the hotel . Very nicely maintained rooms , clean and cozy beds . Front staffs are a great help . Overall we are more than satisfied with Palazzo Zichy ! Surely recommended and we will return soon .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear „Mirka B”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your recent stay in Budapest. I was delighted to see that our hotel had met or even exceeded your expectations.

Let me thank you again for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the travelling community.
I am looking forward to the next opportunity to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The Palazzo a Hotel Zichy is a gorgeous 4 start hotel in a quiet pocket of Budapest. There is a range of great cafe's and restaurants in the local area. It is walking distance to quite a few attractions like the national museum (5 minutes) and the Budapest eye (Ferris wheel) on Erzebet square (15 to 20 minutes). The metro stop is also about 5 minutes away making getting around very easy.

The hotel itself is a grand and beautiful building. The rooms are modern in finish and comfortable. My only three criticisms of the hotel are around the rooms. Firstly, our toiletries were not replaced, the shower gel and shampoos are in very small containers and just cover two people for one day. After getting back late after a very long day it was very disappointing to find we had no shower gel. You would expect this to be replaced in a 4 star hotel. Secondly, our duvet didn't have a cover, I suspect they ran out of covers as the duvet just had two large white sheets folded over on each side, a little uncomfortable and messy to sleep in, and again a let down for a 4-star hotel. Finally at 8am on our second day they started drilling in the room next to us. I though this was quite appalling and should not have happened until later in the day, at least after check out time.

On a positive, the breakfast buffet is fantastic, one of the best I've seen. There is a huge range of food from hot to cold meats, cheeses, cereals, bakery items and fruits. I am vegetarian but I did notice that there consistently wasn't enough bacon, as it was out each time I went past. They put only small amounts of hot food out which is great for freshness, but on a busy morning, it meant popular items ran out very quickly.

As a side note they also have free coffee, tea, water and pretzels/nuts in the bar area until 5pm(ish) which is a really nice touch.

It is a great hotel, and a shame that a few extra issues caused the drop from 5 stars to 4.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna H

Dear „anchel79”,

We very much appreciate your time taken to share your experiences with the largest travelling community about your recent stay at our hotel – first of all let me thank you for staying with us.

I was glad to see that you had enjoyed our hotel’s bohemian neighbourhood and considered our location as perfect for a sightseeing holiday.

It is very important for us to understand how effectively we meet our guests’ needs in order to make sure that we are able to constantly improve the standards of our services; therefore I am really thankful that you expressed your dissatisfaction regarding the drilling in the morning.
We were really concerned about the situation hence we immediately launched an internal investigation. As we did not have much information about this issue, unfortunately we were not able to find out what could have happened.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and be ensured that we will pay a great attention to avoid early morning maintenance works in the future as well as it is highly unacceptable from our side.

Let me thank you again for your kind comment and I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Unfortunately, I only got to stay one night in this lovely hotel. This hotel is located in the city area of Budapest on the Pest side. I didn't get to wander around this area due to the fact that I was boarding a ship the next morning; however, it was centrally located in a fairly lively area, although the hotel, itself, was very quiet. I stay in a nice suite that was very modern with a lovely contemporary decor, although it is located in a beautiful old building. There is decent clothing storage if you were going to stay for awhile. They have a great complimentary breakfast. The front desk staff are quite helpful. All that and a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend this hotel...unless you want to stay in the old town across the river.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear „Motherconfessor”,

I am so glad that you had chosen our hotel for your overnight stay in Budapest, I am even happier that you had enjoyed your short visit with us.

Your compliments regarding our location, the guestroom furthermore the unique design and architecture of the building are very much appreciated.

It was also great to read that you had been pleased with the breakfast selection and with the service provided by our entire Team.

Let me thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, should your travel plans bring you back to our magnificent city.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Fantastic decor; delicious breakfast; very helpful staff; free open bar until 5pm with really nice snacks and drinks. It's located next to a church, so on Sundays you can hear a choir through the open windows. By far one of the most comfortable and clean hotels I've ever been to.

Before this, we had Airbnb'd through Europe for about a week and a half, so we were used to finding things out for our own. Suddenly having someone able to make calls in the native language and help you plan out everything was very nice.

Once we took a 10 minute cab ride back, and the cabbie tried to charge us around 4400Ft/$20. We weren't going to have it. Someone from the front desk actually came out and helped us deal with him. Many thanks for that!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank connieli32

Dear „connieli32”,

First of all let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor travellers.
It made me truly happy to see that my colleagues had provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay and our hotel could live to your expectations in all aspects.
Your compliments regarding our location, the design and our rich breakfast buffet are highly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you soon again.

With kind regards,