The Loft Hostel Budapest
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
US$190
US$232
US$224
  • Room Service
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$138
  • Bar/Lounge
US$137
US$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomlaundry servicehome away from homeapartment buildingtop floorpub crawlwalking distance to everythingfull kitchenother guestswell equipped kitchendouble bedthoroughly enjoyed our stayfree coffeewonderful citythe location is perfecteuropeelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went to the loft hostel for three nights in Budapest and was quite impressed by the hostel. When I arrived I was surprised by what I saw -- a little house/apartment.
The staff are unbelievably relaxed and didn't seem to be fussed about anything. In fact, they were relaxed to the point where they let a person staying from the hostel 'man the fort until he came back from a short trip to the shops'.
The whole place is like a little house with a communal television where everyone can sit together.
The couches were really comfy and the communal area made the hostel sociable.
I arrived a night earlier but I heard that one of the staff members cooked some backpackers a meal for free.
I got the impression that if you were a solo traveler you could easily find a friend to do something with, or if not that, at least someone to talk to at night about what you did that day.

I wouldn't advise someone over the age of 40 should stay here. Just because there is a 'youth hostel vibe' - it IS all bunk beds which is to be expected.

Room Tip: Don't despair when you see the tiny lift when you arrive. It isn't an indication of what the hostel looks like!
Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My stay at the loft is exactly what my title states AWESOME!! I stumbled upon the Loft Hostel by accident and it turned out to make my Budapest trip. The staff were all amazing, helpful, and friendly. Everyone is forced to walk through the common area to get to their beds which makes for a great social environment. I met the coolest people at the Loft, and we had the best of times whether we were hanging out playing the guitar at the hostel or all going out together. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Budapest!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed at this hostel for 5 nights and had the best time ever in this hostel. The staff was amazing and always ready to help and hang out. The rooms were very clean and nice. It's quite small so it's got a very cozy atmosphere. Everyone I encountered at the hostel was super friendly and everyone went out and did things together. The location is great and everything is pretty much within walking distance (if you don't mind walking). It was definitely the best hostel I've stayed in and if you want to go to Budapest you should definitely stay in this one too.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Wauw, what a hell of a cozy hostel ! the staff is mega-friendly and you can meet great people here. the rooms and bathroom are clean, beds are comfy, Gina is a good cook! Yummie carrot-cake! free coffee every morning! i would recommend the loft hostel to every person i know under the age of 40. the location is also great, right in the city centre, close to Szimpla. we couldn't wish for more! thank you guys

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Can't recommend this Hostel highly enough! It is small, friendly, comfortable and has everything you need. Everyone working at the hostel is so helpful, and will spend as long as you want giving you an excellent orientation of the city and generally answering any questions you have. Also full of great advice for restaurants and night life. I had 2 delicious home-cooked meals there (cooked by hostel staff) - including a DELICIOUS and authentic Goulash soup cooked by Gina (who is Hungarian herself). The location is good and just a short walk to Vorosmarty square.
The dorms are clean (I spent 1 night by myself) but after my friend arrived we stayed in a private room which turned out to be a whole private apartment (in the same building as the loft) which was excellent and amazing value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo