HBC Hostel
US$119
US$77
US$75
  • Breakfast included
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Tony and his staff at HBC Hostel were incredible! They bent over backwards to make sure my brother and I were taken care of and even cooked dinner for us one night! We stayed there for 4 days 3 nights. Perfect location in Pest and close to all the main attractions in Pest!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracy R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed there for 3 days and 3 nights and I think it was a very good choice. First we didn't had big problems to move around, it is located only two blocks from one of the subway lines ("Arany János" Station, Line "M3"). Which allows the hostel to be easily reached either from the bus station or the airport, although the latter is kind of far away from the city and takes almost an hour to reach anyway.

When thinking about the visiting part, one should say it's still very well located. It's very close to river banks, a few blocks away from the charm-full neo-gotic Hungarian Parliament and also from the Freedom Square. The Saint Stephen's Cathedral is also close by and where the free tours usually starts. If you are there more for fun the ruin bars they are all over around in the western parts of district VI and VII, it shouldn't take more then 20 minutes walking (1,5 to 2kms) to reach most of them.

The staff is also very receptive and willing to help you in any case. Fell free to use the kitchen, take a bit of the water-soluble coffee or some of the crackers.

The two contras I would say are the showers and the six bed rooms. The showers, a little old and, lacking cloth hangers, there are two of them side by side in one room and one and a more private one in another room. Although they work normally. The room for 6 can turn small if they are all booked. But if think you there for the city, you should try it anyway.

Enjoy Budapest

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennis d
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a female 25 years old travelling solo and this is like my home from home.
The hostel owner Antony is the best! He is funny, helpful, informative - he can tell you anything you need to know. He makes you feel at home and at ease. He really cares about everyone staying in his hostel and will do anything to help.
It is in the perfect location of the city and you cannot beat the price! the showers, toilets, kitchen etc all clean and running well. The beds are clean and comfy.
One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!
Nothing bad to say really, if you are coming to Budapest make sure you stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 6 bed dorm but there is private rooms and a female dorm if you need, but I am a female solo traveller and the 6 bed dorm was fine :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Penny L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

HBC hostel is located in a very central location in Pest. Most sights, attractions, clubs, pubs and restaurants can be reached by foot. That's convenient, but there are other matters that make HBC almost perfect. The over all atmosphere of the place is soooo friendly. The owner himself is basically always there for you, day or night. He really cares about the people who have chosen to stay there. I got some very good advice and tips how to reach places, where to go. He can sell you tickets to the baths and even change money with a good rate. Friday night he cooked us a warm meal, and on Sunday he was worried I didn't have enough breakfast so he brought me fruits :) This is what makes HBC, you are not just a person who comes in to sleep and leave a set of dirty be sheets behind, but you are a guest in the house. My stay was very pleasant in every way, and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Budapest.

Room Tip: There are both mixed dorms and women only dorms available!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excelent location! hostel is organized and has an atmosphere that will make you feel at home. But, the best thing is the staff, they are really amazing and helpful, everything you need just ask Antony and I'm sure he will try his best to help you.

It really worth!